Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: Ending the drought

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:42 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:03 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:23 pm
It's ok Jmble, B1 is most frequently associated with the saying "pot calling the kettle black". I chalk it up to his age and needing to constantly call everyone "sonny" as he tells his tales from the 60's. We might be the only "real" people he talks to anymore besides his at-home nurse, Mrs B1 and Archie Bunker when All in the Family comes on. :lol:
Well.....there is a Meathead on this site.....
ol' B1's fail safe... It he doesn't have a response worthy just make a comment about Meat! We all know your tricks ol' man!

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:51 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:42 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
stripesincarolina wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:23 pm
It's ok Jmble, B1 is most frequently associated with the saying "pot calling the kettle black". I chalk it up to his age and needing to constantly call everyone "sonny" as he tells his tales from the 60's. We might be the only "real" people he talks to anymore besides his at-home nurse, Mrs B1 and Archie Bunker when All in the Family comes on. :lol:
ol' B1's fail safe... It he doesn't have a response worthy just make a comment about Meat! We all know your tricks ol' man!
Did you never watch the TV series Stripes referenced or did my response just go over your head.....again? 8-)

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:54 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:41 pm
Winning a playoff game comes with enough pressure of its own. Fans and the media don't need to add 31 years of history on the shoulders of these current players.

Just play the damn game.
I agree. On Twitter it's unreal. I mean I get the excitement but I can't scroll with out seeing ,"it's Bengals time, Raiders hate winter so he Bengals are gonna win, everyone posting a video of some sports guy talking about us winning, this a a guarantee, no way we are losing, burrow cant be stopped, etc.. ".....it's almost getting annoying. I mean I wanna win too but like you said, let's just play the game.

I just wanna get over this hump and put it behind us finally. If we don't I have no idea of when it'll be....next year? We all have waited for next year for 31 years.

I'm not getting my hopes up. I just hope we don't come out flat. I think if we play like we're capable of we'll win. If we play like we did against the Jets and Bears, we'll, you know the rest of the story.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:14 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:54 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Winning a playoff game comes with enough pressure of its own. Fans and the media don't need to add 31 years of history on the shoulders of these current players.

Just play the damn game.
I agree. On Twitter it's unreal. I mean I get the excitement but I can't scroll with out seeing ,"it's Bengals time, Raiders hate winter so he Bengals are gonna win, everyone posting a video of some sports guy talking about us winning, this a a guarantee, no way we are losing, burrow cant be stopped, etc.. ".....it's almost getting annoying. I mean I wanna win too but like you said, let's just play the game.
It's worse than that even. If you follow any of the local sports writers like Dehner Jr or Lindsay Patterson or Bengals Jim etc.... two out of three posts are about "ending the curse" or the Bengals 31 year "drought" etc....

We get it, many of us have lived through it. Make mention of it once and move on please. There's no reason to go over and over it and harp and hound on it relentlessly.

It's like Meat's posts....ridiculous and redundant and tiresome....😴

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:23 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:14 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Bengals1 wrote:

Just play the damn game.
It's worse than that even. If you follow any of the local sports writers like Dehner Jr or Lindsay Patterson or Bengals Jim etc.... two out of three posts are about "ending the curse" or the Bengals 31 year "drought" etc....

We get it, many of us have lived through it. Make mention of it once and move on please. There's no reason to go over and over it and harp and hound on it relentlessly.

Right. I get it. I mean I'm excited for playoff football and extremely excited our Bengals are in it but now most are saying it's a guarentee win. I don't think so. Carr threw for over 4800 years. Their defense is very good. We shall see.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:52 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:51 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:42 pm
Bengals1 wrote:

Did you never watch the TV series Stripes referenced or did my response just go over your head.....again? 8-)
Aging yourself again with TV series before my time... Again back to your ol' fail safe, just make fun of good old Meat.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:54 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:23 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Joe Bananas wrote:

Right. I get it. I mean I'm excited for playoff football and extremely excited our Bengals are in it but now most are saying it's a guarentee win. I don't think so. Carr threw for over 4800 years. Their defense is very good. We shall see.
I'm with you on this one, I think we are a better matchup with NE then LV, but here we are playing LV. It's going to be a tough game, Bengals were +6 on Monday, it's Wednesday and the line is +4 last I checked. There's a lot of momentum behind LV!

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:55 pm

[/quote]

[/quote]

I swear you have "little man" syndrome B. Those little blue pills ain't gonna help ya there stubby!
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:00 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
I'm with Stripes here, seriously? I just called you out for the exact same thing a few days ago and you just try to flip it back. "I'm rubber you're glue, it bounces off me and sticks to you" am I right B1 hahaha :roll:

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:05 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:54 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:23 pm
Bengals1 wrote:

I'm with you on this one, I think we are a better matchup with NE then LV, but here we are playing LV. It's going to be a tough game, Bengals were +6 on Monday, it's Wednesday and the line is +4 last I checked. There's a lot of momentum behind LV!
Agree meat. I just keep having visions of us coming out flat. I think we matched up better against the Pat's and M Jones than we do Carr and his TEs. Defensively I think the Raiders have a heck of a pass rush and the Pat's have a heck of a secondary.

But at the end of the day, there's a reason why the Bears, Lions, Jets aren't playing right now. No team in the playoffs are extremely weak (well the steelers but who knows with Ben and that pass rush of Watts) every team we play from Saturday on are good. We have just have to be prepared the best we can be and play the game.