Bengals v Raiders Play-Off Chatter & Predictions.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Joe Bananas

Re: Bengals v Raiders Play-Off Chatter & Predictions.

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:42 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:55 pm
Kelsey Conway @KelseyLConway
Joe Burrow's protection is the ultimate deciding factor for W's and L's for the #Bengals:
The highest # of sacks Burrow has taken in a game was 6 vs. LAC, Bengals lost. Against SF, MIN, CLE, CHI, Burrow was sacked 5 times = CIN was 1-4 in those games

It matters. A lot.
Interesting and a great point. Never thought about all this. But we seeing Burrow more over the last 3 or games in the shotgun. I think there's a reason for that.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:51 am

Joe Bananas wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:42 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:55 pm
Kelsey Conway @KelseyLConway
Joe Burrow's protection is the ultimate deciding factor for W's and L's for the #Bengals:
The highest # of sacks Burrow has taken in a game was 6 vs. LAC, Bengals lost. Against SF, MIN, CLE, CHI, Burrow was sacked 5 times = CIN was 1-4 in those games

It matters. A lot.
Interesting and a great point. Never thought about all this. But we seeing Burrow more over the last 3 or games in the shotgun. I think there's a reason for that.
when kept clean, Burrow is elite and lethal.

translation: keep Burrow clean.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:16 pm

Paul Dehner Jr. (@pauldehnerjr)
#Bengals elevate DT Mike Daniels and WR/KR/PR Trent Taylor from the practice squad for tomorrow’s game.
Daniels should fill the role vacated by Josh Tupou (knee) and Taylor continue his same role as a returner.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:45 pm

Quiet around here today. Everybody else as nervous as I am?

I feel this probably more than any other Playoff team we've seen yet that it has to be this year and as excited as I am, I can't help but feel scared that if we don't win tomorrow, the let down will be so large that it will feel like it's never going to happen. This team just feels different. That feeling could be a great thing, or it could lead to emotional disaster.

I'm so sick of the Damn monkey on our back that a win tomorrow opens up the future regardless of whether we lose in round two or go farther. A loss tomorrow feels like it's going to be another year of clinging on to hope and going through 17 weeks of another regular season knowing none of it means anything if we can't win a single playoff game.

A win tomorrow and we can finally start expecting great things and not hoping for the bare minimum.

I don't think there are very many fanbases around all of sports that would understand what a first round playoff win tomorrow would mean to this city and this fanbase. We may have differing opinions and we may argue, but in the end we all want the same damn thing.

Less than 26 hours until game time. Here's hoping we all end the day tomorrow as happy as we've been in a long time.

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:57 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:16 pm
Paul Dehner Jr. (@pauldehnerjr)
#Bengals elevate DT Mike Daniels and WR/KR/PR Trent Taylor from the practice squad for tomorrow’s game.
Daniels should fill the role vacated by Josh Tupou (knee) and Taylor continue his same role as a returner.
Daniels should fill the role vacated by Josh Tupou (knee) and Taylor continue his same role competently fair catching punts

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:05 pm

Jmble wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:45 pm
Quiet around here today. Everybody else as nervous as I am?

I feel this probably more than any other Playoff team we've seen yet that it has to be this year and as excited as I am, I can't help but feel scared that if we don't win tomorrow, the let down will be so large that it will feel like it's never going to happen. This team just feels different. That feeling could be a great thing, or it could lead to emotional disaster.

I'm so sick of the Damn monkey on our back that a win tomorrow opens up the future regardless of whether we lose in round two or go farther. A loss tomorrow feels like it's going to be another year of clinging on to hope and going through 17 weeks of another regular season knowing none of it means anything if we can't win a single playoff game.

A win tomorrow and we can finally start expecting great things and not hoping for the bare minimum.

I don't think there are very many fanbases around all of sports that would understand what a first round playoff win tomorrow would mean to this city and this fanbase. We may have differing opinions and we may argue, but in the end we all want the same damn thing.

Less than 26 hours until game time. Here's hoping we all end the day tomorrow as happy as we've been in a long time.
I personally couldn't sleep at all last night, I felt like I was 10 again and it was the night before Christmas. I'm hoping tonight wont be as bad but we all know it probably will be. I'm not really nervous per say but more anxious to watch this team prove what we've all felt since last year's draft. That we finally have the right pieces and the right culture to make a difference. I can't wait to take my beautiful amazing wife to her first NFL game, and my first playoff game, the jungle is going to be on fire!

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:36 pm

We're the better team in almost every regard and we're at home. We should win tomorrow.

But we all know being the better team doesn't always assure victory. We were the better team when San Diego came to town but Dalton and our O-line plus a lot of nerves conspired to cost us what should have been an easy victory over an inferior opponent.

We were the better team when we fumbled away a victory at home over Pittsburgh. Once again, injuries, bad luck, nerves and dumb mistakes stole victory away from us.

Everyone loves to say this team is different, Joe Burrow is different. When AJ and Dalton were drafted the first thing they said at their joint press conference was that they didn't care about the teams past. They weren't here for all that. They were different.

How'd that work out for everybody....?

That's why I wish everybody in the media would stop reminding us all about the drought and the curse. Just let Zac and Chase and Burrow be themselves. Don't saddle 30+ years of pain, frustration and disappointment on these guys. They don't deserve it.

And frankly neither do we.... :evil:

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:07 pm

Nobody is going to play super aggressive in the first half, at least I dont think Zac has it in him to come out slinging. If it were me I would go get the lead with the passing game and let Mixon ice it in the 2nd half. But alas, we're conservative. So I'll go with a 13-10 Bengals lead at the half. We're feeling ok, but waiting for the hammer to drop and crush our hopes.

Raiders will snag a turnover for points somewhere in the second half. They will also bank 10 on offense. So that means we need at least 2 tds and a FG in the second half for the win. We have to open up the passing game, Burrow starts taking hits and we start relying on big passing plays like we've seen in the last few weeks to find points. But this is the playoffs and we are a known commodity. The Raiders will be playing the deep routes and we will need to win this one underneath. So the heroes this week will be Boyd, Mixon, Perrine, CJ and as I would expect, Burrows ability to scramble. We win this one by controlling the clock. Wouldnt surprise me to see Chase and Higgins under 100 yards together!

I'm going with a last drive win by Money Mac.

Bengals 30 on a walkoff
Raiders 27
Seeking Superbowls

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:39 pm

Y’all I’m so hyped. Trying to suppress the memories of 05 when we had the team and the young QB capable of winning it all. There’s just no denying the PTBD (post traumatic bungle disorder)

But we got this. It’s gonna happen. Tomorrows the day and the nati is gone be liiiiit sat night

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:19 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:39 pm
Y’all I’m so hyped. Trying to suppress the memories of 05 when we had the team and the young QB capable of winning it all. There’s just no denying the PTBD (post traumatic bungle disorder)

But we got this. It’s gonna happen. Tomorrows the day and the nati is gone be liiiiit sat night
<33333333333333