Bengals v Raiders Play-Off Chatter & Predictions.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: Bengals v Raiders Play-Off Chatter & Predictions.

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:13 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:58 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:40 pm
Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN)
Raiders DL Darius Philon, who made several big plays against the Chargers on Sunday night, suffered a torn patellar tendon in the game, per source. He will start the recovery process soon and his season is over.
That's very advantageous for us!
Was he a starter....?
No idea but he was making plays against the Chargers and any help we can get against that D-line is good for us.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:29 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:20 pm
Something stupid will happen. I don't know know what it will be but most likely unforced and certainly stupid.

Burrow will suddenly revert to his old self and throw 3 INTs.
The O-line will give up 5-6 sacks. Mixon will fumble at the worst possible time. Either going for a tying score or just after we've seized momentum after a turnover etc...

Zac will panic and go for it on 4th down at our own 45 down 14-3 in the second and get stuffed.

Count on it....
Well........yeaaahh.....
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:50 am

From Paul Dehner on Twitter

The high Saturday is slated to be 27 degrees.

Zac Taylor on Monday said smiling, "it's not a disadvantage."

Derek Carr for his career in games where kickoff temp was even 37 degrees or less?

0-5, never scored more than 17 points, one game with a passer rating over 78.

I don't know if conditions will inevitably mean anything or not. But even in a small sample size it is worth noting for a team from Vegas that plays indoors.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:03 pm

Jmble wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:50 am
I don't know if conditions will inevitably mean anything or not. But even in a small sample size it is worth noting for a team from Vegas that plays indoors.
The only flaw in that logic is that they've only been the Las Vegas Raiders for two years. Most of their players have played outdoors in winter plenty of times....

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:05 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:03 pm
Jmble wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:50 am
The only flaw in that logic is that they've only been the Las Vegas Raiders for two years. Most of their players have played outdoors in winter plenty of times....
All he says is that it's worth noting. And Derek Carr's numbers don't really matter where they've played. It's just historical.

I'm not even saying it's going to make any difference. But it is another aspect to the game.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:08 pm

Jay Morrison@JayMorrisonATH
The news you've all been waiting for, the #Bengals will wear black jerseys, white pants with orange stripes and orange socks Saturday vs the Raiders.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:11 pm

Jmble wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:05 pm
I'm not even saying it's going to make any difference. But it is another aspect to the game.
You don't have to say it I'll say it for you. I think it's going to make a difference. Sure these players have played out doors in winter, but Derek Carr isn't very good in cold weather. We have seen historically many QB's that are like this, and I think it's going to make a difference and play into our favor.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:29 pm

Jay Morrison (@JayMorrisonATH)
The #Bengals have cleared Auden Tate to return to practice. They have 21 days to activate him.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:07 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:11 pm
Jmble wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:05 pm
You don't have to say it I'll say it for you. I think it's going to make a difference. Sure these players have played out doors in winter, but Derek Carr isn't very good in cold weather. We have seen historically many QB's that are like this, and I think it's going to make a difference and play into our favor.
Exactly it will makes a difference. Every player either in the NFL, College or HS has played a game in the cold weather. It is that they haven't been in the cold recently and it take time to adjust to cold weather. Think about how much warmer a 60 degree day feels on the first of March than it does in the middle of September.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:44 pm

From Dehner. The Athletic and Bengals writer, via Twitter
The high Saturday is slated to be 27 degrees.

Zac Taylor on Monday said smiling, "it's not a disadvantage."

Derek Carr for his career in games where kickoff temp was even 37 degrees or less?

0-5, never scored more than 17 points, one game with a passer rating over 78.
Think someone said 2 or of those games were against the chiefs and 2 I think at Philly and one year was when Philly won the SB.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.