Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: 2022 Free Agents

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:41 pm

Jmble wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:24 pm
skycruiser wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:13 pm
Cutting Wayne’s should save a good chunk of dough to go after another CB or OT. We have a few 1 year deals that will be tricky/expensive to resign like obenjobi/apple

Im good As long as FA and draft prioritize in this order:

OL
CB
LB
We will need to address Tight End as well. CJ Uzomah is a free agent and while I love the guy, I think we could do better than resigning him at the price he's probably going to want coming off his best statistical year so far. I can't fathom going into next season with Drew Sample as our number one Tight End. Either way we need to address the position by resigning CJ or bringing in a new guy.
I disagree here, I think we need to keep Uzomah, he's like Boyd, is kind of like the glue for this offense. He's not going to command a huge salary, and he's been clutch in this offense this year. Great blocker down field and a team guy. I would focus money on O-line and Defensive back, the impact would be greater there then at TE.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:43 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:31 pm
Right now the best Tackle in the class (Neal-Alabama) will be gone top 10, if not top 5. That leaves Charles Cross (Miss St as the second best) 6'5 310 great pass blocker but I say he'll be gone too by the time we pick.

So what about Linderbaum (C- Iowa) may be this years Creed Humphrey but better, some say. Do we pick a Center if we truly need a LT? Or do we pick an C and sign a LT in FA? The next best player after that is a OG, (Ekwanu- NC State- 6'4 350) probably not agile or quick enough to be moved to LT. Another OG ranked high is (Green - TX Am) but see Ekwanu

So now we're on the 6th best prospect on the Oline and that's a guy I like. LT Trever Penning ( Northern Iowa -6'7 320 who gave up 1 sack in over 650 snaps. But he's projected late 1st, early 2nd. So if we don't take him at say 25..28th or whenever we pick he'll be gone by the time our 2nd rounder comes around.

Overall, not a great Oline class and this that are significant to our pick will likely go earlier than we're well be drafting.

So Oline in FA!
Well picking at 32, most plug and play O-linemen will be gone by then!

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:54 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:43 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:31 pm
Right now the best Tackle in the class (Neal-Alabama) will be gone top 10, if not top 5. That leaves Charles Cross (Miss St as the second best) 6'5 310 great pass blocker but I say he'll be gone too by the time we pick.

So what about Linderbaum (C- Iowa) may be this years Creed Humphrey but better, some say. Do we pick a Center if we truly need a LT? Or do we pick an C and sign a LT in FA? The next best player after that is a OG, (Ekwanu- NC State- 6'4 350) probably not agile or quick enough to be moved to LT. Another OG ranked high is (Green - TX Am) but see Ekwanu

So now we're on the 6th best prospect on the Oline and that's a guy I like. LT Trever Penning ( Northern Iowa -6'7 320 who gave up 1 sack in over 650 snaps. But he's projected late 1st, early 2nd. So if we don't take him at say 25..28th or whenever we pick he'll be gone by the time our 2nd rounder comes around.

Overall, not a great Oline class and this that are significant to our pick will likely go earlier than we're well be drafting.

So Oline in FA!
Well picking at 32, most plug and play O-linemen will be gone by then!
True dat!
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:59 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:41 pm
Jmble wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:24 pm
skycruiser wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:13 pm
Cutting Wayne’s should save a good chunk of dough to go after another CB or OT. We have a few 1 year deals that will be tricky/expensive to resign like obenjobi/apple

Im good As long as FA and draft prioritize in this order:

OL
CB
LB
We will need to address Tight End as well. CJ Uzomah is a free agent and while I love the guy, I think we could do better than resigning him at the price he's probably going to want coming off his best statistical year so far. I can't fathom going into next season with Drew Sample as our number one Tight End. Either way we need to address the position by resigning CJ or bringing in a new guy.
I disagree here, I think we need to keep Uzomah, he's like Boyd, is kind of like the glue for this offense. He's not going to command a huge salary, and he's been clutch in this offense this year. Great blocker down field and a team guy. I would focus money on O-line and Defensive back, the impact would be greater there then at TE.
Agree. I think he's a great teammate and brings tons of positive energy to this team, offense especially.... but I'm not willing to break the bank or him either. I do think he'll take a tad less to stay here. But I do want to look at upgrading the TE position. Overall I hope we keep the guy somehow.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:35 pm

51 sacks. That’s all the front office should be thinking about. 51.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:39 pm

Jonah Williams is signed through next season so they're not looking for a LT. As previously discussed they will move Carmen to RT if Reiff leaves which most believe he will.

The interior O-line is the priority in the off-season. Followed by CB and LB.

The thing nobody's mentioned yet is the importance of resigning Bates. They have the option of tagging him but the price will be steep. Hopefully, his good but not great season will make his asking price more reasonable.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:04 pm

Can we consider an indoor practice facility an FA acquisition? If so sign me up for that too lol