Cats v Clowns Pt 2 Pre-Game Chatter & Predictions.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Re: Cats v Clowns Pt 2 Pre-Game Chatter & Predictions.

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:18 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:02 am
stripesincarolina wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:32 am
orange_black wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:52 pm

haters gonna hate!

Bengals win this one.... even if we're sitting starters.
Hey, I'm not a hater. I said we would win despite Zac's batshit crazy approach to closing out the biggest game of his coaching career.

Do you think after the second QB sneak that SoP was on the radio to Zac telling him if he runs Burrow a third time he's fired? I mean at least the Chiefs had a play with a direct snap to someone other than Pat. You telling me we couldnt have Joe sidestep a direct snap to Mixon? I'm just sayin'....its our franchise QB with the shredded knee ya know.

But I'm not being critical. ;)
It took a lot of guts to make those calls, and honestly no one else here could have done it. I give Zach credit for it and it won us the game, not giving Mahomes a chance. That to me was the right call, not "crazy".
I agree and disagree. And I have listened to numerous shows the last couple of days that are in lockstep with this thinking. Yes, he absolutely made the right calls initially, although I could easily argue there were better plays than a QB sneak and letting Burrow get pounded. Mixon could have done the same exact thing and not scored. The first pass play is where the dissent begins. Without the penalty it was a dumbass play. You take the points there. It only saved 8 seconds, thats it. For a defense that completely owned Pat and the Chiefs in the second half, you can't trust them with 8 seconds when the Chiefs have no timeouts? We got LUCKY! Then to go for a pass again was just lunacy. The kick was mandatory there. And we got LUCKY again. I don't know why you guys (or most of you) can't see that. Zac did make the right calls initially (right strategy I should say) and then took it way too far. We just got lucky. That's it.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:12 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:18 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:02 am
stripesincarolina wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:32 am

Hey, I'm not a hater. I said we would win despite Zac's batshit crazy approach to closing out the biggest game of his coaching career.

Do you think after the second QB sneak that SoP was on the radio to Zac telling him if he runs Burrow a third time he's fired? I mean at least the Chiefs had a play with a direct snap to someone other than Pat. You telling me we couldnt have Joe sidestep a direct snap to Mixon? I'm just sayin'....its our franchise QB with the shredded knee ya know.

But I'm not being critical. ;)
It took a lot of guts to make those calls, and honestly no one else here could have done it. I give Zach credit for it and it won us the game, not giving Mahomes a chance. That to me was the right call, not "crazy".
I agree and disagree. And I have listened to numerous shows the last couple of days that are in lockstep with this thinking. Yes, he absolutely made the right calls initially, although I could easily argue there were better plays than a QB sneak and letting Burrow get pounded. Mixon could have done the same exact thing and not scored. The first pass play is where the dissent begins. Without the penalty it was a dumbass play. You take the points there. It only saved 8 seconds, thats it. For a defense that completely owned Pat and the Chiefs in the second half, you can't trust them with 8 seconds when the Chiefs have no timeouts? We got LUCKY! Then to go for a pass again was just lunacy. The kick was mandatory there. And we got LUCKY again. I don't know why you guys (or most of you) can't see that. Zac did make the right calls initially (right strategy I should say) and then took it way too far. We just got lucky. That's it.
I see where you are coming from however I respectfully disagree, I don't believe it was luck. I think he made the right calls there and fortune favors the brave. We may just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:23 pm

Burrow out....

Paul Dehner Jr. (@pauldehnerjr)
Joe Burrow says he does not plan to play Sunday. It is not because of his knee.

Knee is "sore but not bad, I could play if I needed to."

Resting for playoffs.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:49 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:23 pm
Burrow out....

Resting for playoffs.
This is probably a very smart move.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:54 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:49 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Burrow out....

Resting for playoffs.
Absolutely. The #1 seed is very.....very unlikely. Let most of the starters rest. They've earned it.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:07 pm

Gee, maybe we will get to see Chris Evans rack up 200 yards receiving out of the backfield? I'll trust the coaches, but man I wish we could have seen more of Evans this year a la James Brooks, Gio and Chris Perry. That's another receiving weapon we surely could have used.

We can just about rest all the skill position starters. Not sure about the line. What's the over/under on Bengals punts in this game? Can we sign Ocho-Cinco to a one week contract and have him kick for us to rest Money Mac?
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:16 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:54 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Bengals1 wrote:
Burrow out....

Resting for playoffs.
Absolutely. The #1 seed is very.....very unlikely. Let most of the starters rest. They've earned it.
If we could get the #2 seed it would be worth playing some of the starters but we'll pretty much have the knowledge of that by Saturday night.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:17 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Bengals1 wrote:
Burrow out....

Resting for playoffs.
How big were those stupid losses to Chi, and NYJ now? Man we could be competing for the #1 seed right now if we didn't screw those up.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:14 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:17 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
MeatHeadbengal wrote:

How big were those stupid losses to Chi, and NYJ now? Man we could be competing for the #1 seed right now if we didn't screw those up.
we ARE competing for the #1 seed..... although unlikely... but if it happens, and we lost tot he browns and lose the #1 seed because of it, i will be quite pissed.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:16 pm

The Browns are a dumpster fire right now and good chance they mail it in on Sunday so I can see the Bengals beating them even if sit a handful of players.