Week 18 Playoff Scenarios

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Jmble

Week 18 Playoff Scenarios

Post by Jmble » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:27 am

What to know: The Bengals have clinched the AFC North with their win over the Chiefs. Cincinnati is the No. 3 seed in the AFC due to having a better conference record than Buffalo.

The Bengals can clinch the No. 1 seed in the AFC with either of the following:

Win + Titans loss + Chiefs loss + Patriots loss

Win + Bills win + Titans loss + Chiefs loss

There is also a scenario where we can get the 2 seed if Kansas City loses and we win.

The good news is that Kansas City plays in Denver on Saturday. If Kansas City wins, we know that there is nothing to play for other than the difference between the 3 and 4 seeds.

The Titans play in Houston, so I don't see much of a real chance of getting up to the one seed.

Either way, we root for Cleveland tonight. The last thing we need is the Steelers sneaking into the playoffs in week 18.

MeatHeadbengal

Re: Week 18 Playoff Scenarios

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:31 am

Jmble wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:27 am
What to know: The Bengals have clinched the AFC North with their win over the Chiefs. Cincinnati is the No. 3 seed in the AFC due to having a better conference record than Buffalo.

The Bengals can clinch the No. 1 seed in the AFC with either of the following:

Win + Titans loss + Chiefs loss + Patriots loss

Win + Bills win + Titans loss + Chiefs loss

There is also a scenario where we can get the 2 seed if Kansas City loses and we win.

The good news is that Kansas City plays in Denver on Saturday. If Kansas City wins, we know that there is nothing to play for other than the difference between the 3 and 4 seeds.

The Titans play in Houston, so I don't see much of a real chance of getting up to the one seed.

Either way, we root for Cleveland tonight. The last thing we need is the Steelers sneaking into the playoffs in week 18.
I would have no issue playing the Steelers for a 3rd time this year. I think we'd wipe the floor with them again, I'm going to again say they are a hot dumpster fire.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:41 am

im not scared to play shittsburgh again. I would love to send Rapisberger to his retirement with a playoff loss.

honestly there are 2 teams that scare me right now.

Packers.... cuz they are good
Chiefs ... cuz they are pissed

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:55 am

i would certainly not like to play new england either. they have a great football team and probably have stolen our playbook by now

colts have a killer run game, but i like our odds to outscore them. plus wentz suuuuucks

the dream scenario is for oakland to beat the chargers and we stomp oakland round 1

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:57 am

There are certainly teams that I'd prefer to face over others, but until we get that elusive playoff win, everyone scares me.

I think this could be the year, but I'm not counting my chickens yet.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:25 pm

I would rather play the stoolers than turn around and play the chiefs again.

Colts. If we stop Taylor we have a great chance.

Pats. We stop Jones we have a chance. But Bellichek is the "wild card" here. Cheat or not, asshole or not, Brady or not- the guy can flat out coach and coach big time.

Chargers. Interesting. Think the pundits would love to see the Burrow and Herbert match-up. That team scares me. They're good with a great oline, running game, receivers, Qb.

Chiefs. They maddddd they think they got cheated. They would be hard to handle again on this quick of a turn around.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:42 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:25 pm
I would rather play the stoolers than turn around and play the chiefs again.

Colts. If we stop Taylor we have a great chance.

Pats. We stop Jones we have a chance. But Bellichek is the "wild card" here. Cheat or not, asshole or not, Brady or not- the guy can flat out coach and coach big time.

Chargers. Interesting. Think the pundits would love to see the Burrow and Herbert match-up. That team scares me. They're good with a great oline, running game, receivers, Qb.

Chiefs. They maddddd they think they got cheated. They would be hard to handle again on this quick of a turn around.
Kansas City has clinched the division. No way we play them in the first round no matter what happens.

The only teams that we could possibly have to play in the first round are:

Buffalo/New England (Whoever doesn't win the division)
Indianapolis
LA Chargers
Raiders
Ravens
Steelers

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:28 pm

Jmble wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:57 am
There are certainly teams that I'd prefer to face over others, but until we get that elusive playoff win, everyone scares me.
Yep. If they're good enough to make the playoffs they're good enough to beat us. Nothings a given.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:53 pm

But let’s be clear: we are 100% the team no one wants to face. So many stories of teams getting hot the last few weeks and going on to the Super Bowl. Yeah I said those words

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:23 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:53 pm
But let’s be clear: we are 100% the team no one wants to face. So many stories of teams getting hot the last few weeks and going on to the Super Bowl. Yeah I said those words
And I think this team believes them!