Bengals v Chiefs Game Thread - for all the marbles

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Bengals v Chiefs Game Thread - for all the marbles

Post by stripesincarolina » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:05 pm

Happy New Year folks. Time to get those game snacks ready and finalize your Covid tests from last nights events. The real party begins in 24 hours!

Post your player updates and last minute predictions here. For all of you calling for a Bengals win, good on you. I'm still struggling to see a path to slowing down KC's offense when we are thin at LB and Corner. And with our inconsistency on offense and Zac's slant towards the run game, I just think we will waste too many drives trying to keep up.

I'll go Chiefs 33, Cats 23
Seeking Superbowls

stripesincarolina

Re: Bengals v Chiefs Game Thread - for all the marbles

Post by stripesincarolina » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:08 pm

Reposting for easy access

CINCINNATI BENGALS (9-6) (vs. Kansas City (11-4), Sunday, 1:00 PM ET, CBS)

Cincinnati clinches AFC North division title with:

CIN win OR
CIN tie + BAL loss or tie OR
BAL loss + CLE-PIT tie

Cincinnati clinches playoff berth with:

CIN tie + LAC loss + LV loss + MIA loss or tie OR
CIN tie + LAC loss + LV loss + NE loss OR
CIN tie + LAC loss + LV tie + MIA loss or tie + NE win OR
CIN tie + LAC loss + LV tie + NE tie + MIA tie + BUF win or tie OR
CIN tie + LAC loss + LV tie + NE loss + MIA win + BUF win or tie

NOTE: There are other clinching scenarios for Cincinnati that involve multiple tie games.
Seeking Superbowls

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:09 pm

Has anyone heard from Mag?? If he cant join us for this one I'm worried he's either off the bandwagon or consuming too much product.
Seeking Superbowls

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:00 pm

Looks like Clyde EH is out which helps us

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:49 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:09 pm
Has anyone heard from Mag?? If he cant join us for this one I'm worried he's either off the bandwagon or consuming too much product.
Somebody on here is friends with him on Facebook and said he was real busy at work lately. This was back in October I think.

That always gets me. I helped run an entire movie studio for 30 years and I could always find a minute here or there to log on and tell everyone what idiots they were.

You just have to have some ambition is all.... :twisted:

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:03 pm

Big boost for the Bengals: LB Germaine Pratt is back on the active roster after being on the COVID-19 list, the team announced.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:40 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:03 pm
Big boost for the Bengals: LB Germaine Pratt is back on the active roster after being on the COVID-19 list, the team announced.
This is HUGE! You want your best guys out there, sure. But this is huge in case Wilson has a mid-game aggrevation of his should injury. We have zero depth at backer.

Not sure the CEH news for KC is all that damaging. They have been making do without him for a few weeks now.

Game time temps tomorrow (and wind) will be something to watch. Temps should be dropping down thru 30° by mid afternoon.
Seeking Superbowls

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:26 pm

Interesting roster move......why would the Bengals need to elevate QB Jake Browning to the active roster this afternoon? Brandon Allen just came off the Covid list. Is there something brewing with Joey B we need to know about?

There are a lot of other positions where we could have used the extra player. Why QB?
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:06 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:26 pm
Interesting roster move......why would the Bengals need to elevate QB Jake Browning to the active roster this afternoon? Brandon Allen just came off the Covid list. Is there something brewing with Joey B we need to know about?

There are a lot of other positions where we could have used the extra player. Why QB?
Don't jinx it!!!

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:22 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:26 pm

One of the beat writers posted about it being precautionary. They also activated someone else in case Pratt came back with a positive test. The move had to be made yesterday. They wanted to make sure they had a backup QB active in case they needed him.

Pratt will be inactive today. He needed a second negative test and his second test came back positive.