Cats/Niners Game Thread.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Joe Bananas

Re: Cats/Niners Game Thread.

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:11 pm

Plus the game plan to run Mixon didn't work today. We only made progress today with Burrow throwing. They should have took the hint
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:14 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:09 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:58 pm
TheBurn wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:52 pm
this is on Zac... fo sho
How? Did Zach muff two punts? Did Zach miss a FG? Did Zach miss the game sealing INT? Tell me how this is on Zach?
He played for the field goal much like the other idiot hc we had would have in Lewis.
So what you're trying to say is that we should have gone for it on 4th down in OT? I mean he was trying to pass that doesn't say playing for FG to me. Not trying to start an argument just pointing out the stupidity of your statement!

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:15 pm

orange_black wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:10 pm
As far as I can tell this game was lost on n the oline and special teams. We need to upgrade the oline this off-season. When burrow has time he is elite.
Yes, this right here.... We gave up 10 points we shouldn't have on our not so special teams!

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:15 pm

We're tied for 3rd and Pittsburgh is only a game behind us now. Let that sink in

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:18 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:14 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:58 pm

How? Did Zach muff two punts? Did Zach miss a FG? Did Zach miss the game sealing INT? Tell me how this is on Zach?
He played for the field goal much like the other idiot hc we had would have in Lewis.
So what you're trying to say is that we should have gone for it on 4th down in OT? I mean he was trying to pass that doesn't say playing for FG to me. Not trying to start an argument just pointing out the stupidity of your statement!
We made progress passing the ball in OT to get within field goal range. After that he ran the ball 2 straight times to Mixon. Then he HAD to pass because Mixon wasn't moving the ball today and burrow gets sacked. That's my point. We were in field goal range and Zac was content with that, much like Lewis would have been. You never break momentum. Never. Ever. He's so content on running Mixon it's getting pathetic to watch. So with that, how's my argument stupid?

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:24 pm

Oh and I almost forgot
#firezactaylor
Who's worse? Taylor or Shula?

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:25 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:18 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Joe Bananas wrote:

We made progress passing the ball in OT to get within field goal range. After that he ran the ball 2 straight times to Mixon. Then he HAD to pass because Mixon wasn't moving the ball today and burrow gets sacked. That's my point. We were in field goal range and Zac was content with that, much like Lewis would have been. You never break momentum. Never. Ever. He's so content on running Mixon it's getting pathetic to watch. So with that, how's my argument stupid?
It's stupid to sit here and say they were playing for the FG, when you have to keep balance. If you noticed the 9er's even ran the ball on that final drive. Sure you hope to get some better results then what we got but on 3rd down and short he was throwing instead of running. If Bosa doesn't make that tackle Joe gets the 1st down and we probably score a TD on that drive.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:35 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:25 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:18 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:

It's stupid to sit here and say they were playing for the FG, when you have to keep balance. If you noticed the 9er's even ran the ball on that final drive. Sure you hope to get some better results then what we got but on 3rd down and short he was throwing instead of running. If Bosa doesn't make that tackle Joe gets the 1st down and we probably score a TD on that drive.
I'm all for the ball in Burrows hands. Obviously we passed the ball well today with 348 in the air. I'm not against thr run, but why kill momentum. If they can't stop the pass (every starting cb they had was out today) then let's continue to throw. I got the feeling when we got into FG range that we were playing conservative. And I'm not so sure I was wrong. I've been wrong numerous times. But it just felt like let's not give up a turnover and let's hope Mixon can run the ball type series.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:36 pm

I blame Zac for sending Phillips back out there after he was injured and muffed the first punt. Any WR or RB or TE ought to be able to fair catch a kick and/or catch it and run.

How is that any different than what they do during the rest of the game...?

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:42 pm

Paul Dehner Jr.
@pauldehnerjr
·
1h
Taylor asked about not riding Burrow as the hot hand at end of OT. Admits it feels like an error. “Yeah. I agree with you. That’s one that will keep you up at night.”

....yawn.....