Cats/Niners Game Thread.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Cats/Niners Game Thread.

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:25 am

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
#Bengals RB Joe Mixon (illness) and WR Tee Higgins (ankle), both listed as questionable, are expected to play today vs. the #49ers, sources say.

stripesincarolina

Re: Cats/Niners Game Thread.

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:33 am

49ers confirm Deebo Samuel will play today.
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:14 am

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)
With the 49ers placing Emmanuel Moseley on injured reserve and Dontae Johnson not being with the team in Cincinnati for personal reasons, they will be without two cornerbacks who would have started today against the Bengals. San Francisco shorthanded in the secondary.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:04 am

Are Hopkins and Reiff both back today? If we can keep Burrow clean then yes, it could be a good day. Open things up in the first half and let Mixon finish them off in the 2nd half. But the way these things usually play out is we dont recognize the opportunity and the playcalling sucks.

We need to call every play we have available to draw the rookie corners up to the line early in the game and then just let Chase smoke them over the top.
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:35 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:04 am
Are Hopkins and Reiff both back today? If we can keep Burrow clean then yes, it could be a good day.
Both are available that's all I've heard.... :?

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:44 pm

Dehner is picking the Niners 30-26 in this one and tying the loss on the lack of LB depth on defense. He thinks Jimmy G will have a huge day over the middle. Cant say I disagree.

If Burrow and company can find their groove early we could end up with a shootout.
Seeking Superbowls

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:40 pm

Cleveland is beating the Rats. We don't win today and they do we go to 3rd place in the division. Not good.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:52 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:40 pm
Cleveland is beating the Rats. We don't win today and they do we go to 3rd place in the division. Not good.
Trust me, you want CLE to win today. But we also have to win or else none of this matters. Balt is definitely on a downward trend. Injuries are piling up on them even today. But CLE does not have what it takes right now to win 4 of their last 5 games and beat us in wk 17. Unfortunately I do think the AFCN will come down to the battle of OH with Balt and Pitt playing a meaningless game.

Edit - as I type this, down goes Lamar with an ankle injury.
Seeking Superbowls

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:06 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:52 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:40 pm
Trust me, you want CLE to win today. But we also have to win or else none of this matters. Balt is definitely on a downward trend. Injuries are piling up on them even today. But CLE does not have what it takes right now to win 4 of their last 5 games and beat us in wk 17. Unfortunately I do think the AFCN will come down to the battle of OH with Balt and Pitt playing a meaningless game.

Yeah, I'm all for the Rats losing, as long we win. Jackson hasn't a good year imo. I've said that for weeks now. It's like he's lost. I've seen it a thousand times before with other players like him. They don't want him to scramble due to he might get hurt. Well, he's not Tom Brady. Tennessee tried to make Vince Young a pocket style QB as well and look how that worked out. Let these Qbs be who you drafted!! You don't change anything with them. If you wanna make a pocket style qb outta Jackson then you should have drafted someone else.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:11 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:52 pm
It's being reported as an ankle injury, likely out for the rest of the game.

Which means he'll return against us and lead his team to a dramatic victory causing the press to go wild and he'll overtake Tom Brady for MVP. :roll: