Chargers chatter and prediction

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
skycruiser

Chargers chatter and prediction

Post by skycruiser » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:20 am

crazy stat:

While noting all the historical trends, streaks the #Bengals are burying, there's a big one on deck vs the Chargers.

Cincinnati hasn't won three games in a row in season since November of 2015.

Bengals are 0-9 week after winning two straight since, including 0-2 this year.

orange_black

Re: Chargers chatter and prediction

Post by orange_black » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:10 pm

remember this moment, bengal fans.

this is the beginning of the new era.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:53 pm

Sorry. I'd like a day or so to enjoy this victory before thinking about the next game. :twisted:

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:44 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:53 pm
Sorry. I'd like a day or so to enjoy this victory before thinking about the next game. :twisted:
+1

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:26 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:44 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:53 pm
+1
+2! I'm still drinking the blood of dead Stooler fans here!
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:00 am

Okay, time to concentrate on the game ahead...

The problem with the Chargers game is the same issue this team has had all season.....inconsistency. They should beat the Chargers....should.

Will they....? Who knows?

If the team that punished the Steelers and Ravens shows up....absolutely.

If the team that got walloped by the Jets and Clowns shows up....absolutely not.

Do any of us know which team will come to play.....nope.

We're playing better right now than the Chargers. But then, we were playing better than the Jets and Clowns too.

Until this team shows me they've turned a corner and that there isn't a gaping chasm waiting for them there I remain....skeptical.

Chargers 24
Bengals 21

“For over a thousand years Roman conquerors returning from the wars enjoyed the honor of triumph, a tumultuous parade. In the procession came trumpeteers, musicians and strange animals from conquered territories, together with carts laden with treasure and captured armaments. The conquerors rode in a triumphal chariot, the dazed prisoners walking in chains before him. Sometimes his children robed in white stood with him in the chariot or rode the trace horses. A slave stood behind the conqueror holding a golden crown and whispering in his ear a warning: that all glory is fleeting.”

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:23 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:00 am
Okay, time to concentrate on the game ahead...

The problem with the Chargers game is the same issue this team has had all season.....inconsistency. They should beat the Chargers....should.

Will they....? Who knows?

If the team that punished the Steelers and Ravens shows up....absolutely.

If the team that got walloped by the Jets and Clowns shows up....absolutely not.

Do any of us know which team will come to play.....nope.

We're playing better right now than the Chargers. But then, we were playing better than the Jets and Clowns too.

Until this team shows me they've turned a corner and that there isn't a gaping chasm waiting for them there I remain....skeptical.

Chargers 24
Bengals 21

“For over a thousand years Roman conquerors returning from the wars enjoyed the honor of triumph, a tumultuous parade. In the procession came trumpeteers, musicians and strange animals from conquered territories, together with carts laden with treasure and captured armaments. The conquerors rode in a triumphal chariot, the dazed prisoners walking in chains before him. Sometimes his children robed in white stood with him in the chariot or rode the trace horses. A slave stood behind the conqueror holding a golden crown and whispering in his ear a warning: that all glory is fleeting.”
I think the team has turned that corner. I think the turn came with that second half run by Joe Mixon in the Raiders game where he just dragged everybody with him for an almost 20 yard gain. This team has found it's identity. Let Mixon be the guy with the threat of Burrow opening up on you if you pay Mixon too much attention.

I think we win this game. Though I truly get the skepticism.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:51 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:00 am
I don't like nitpicking but I'd like to point out that every team in the NFL is inconsistent. There were times when every team thought what the Firetruck just happened this week, and some more then others. We all would say that Tampa Bay, Green Bay, Arizona, even Kansas City have struggled at times this season. These teams like us so far have won games they've needed to win to stay relevant.

The point I'm trying to make is that this is the NFL if you're expecting a team to be consistent 100% of the time you're going to be very disappointed. I think for the most party any team and their fan base is in the same boat we are, which is who's going to show up and play on Sunday.

Stay positive boys this franchise is going in the right direction..... Finally!

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:18 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:51 pm
I don't like nitpicking but I'd like to point out that every team in the NFL is inconsistent. There were times when every team thought what the Firetruck just happened this week, and some more then others. We all would say that Tampa Bay, Green Bay, Arizona, even Kansas City have struggled at times this season. These teams like us so far have won games they've needed to win to stay relevant.
There's a difference Meat. Green Bay had one very bad game, the first game of the season. Then they righted their ship and have been very good since.

KC also started out sketchy but much like GB got things under control and now look like their old selves again.

Arizona lost their starting QB to injury but again, has come thru a tough stretch and is once again playing winning football.

In contrast the Bengals woes are game to game. A good game, a bad game, a great game, a terrible game...etc.

And we don't really have major injuries to our key players to blame either. It's just typical Bengal inconsistencie like almost every year.

Win three in row or something like that and if you lose, lose it close. Don't win then lose and get blown out by bad to downright terrible teams.

Then I'll believe they've truly turned a corner....

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:20 pm

Jmble wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:23 am
I think we win this game. Though I truly get the skepticism.

100% agree with this. I agree why folks are skeptical but as the great saying goes "if you think you can or you think you can't, you're probably right" (Henry Ford)