Cats v Clowns Game Thread.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Re: Cats v Clowns Game Thread.

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:26 am

I didnt watch or listen to this piece of garbage and dont plan to. But from what I've read online, is this a pretty good recap of the issues?

*Burrow is forcing the ball leading to picks and deflections.
*The defense is tracking the ball well but tackling sucks.
*WRs are not looking good these last two weeks. Boyd has gone into hiding, Higgins has lost the "it" factor and Chase has the dropsies again.
*Defensively we are being picked apart underneath and both WRs and RBs are easily getting into the second level and making plays from there.

Suprisingly I didnt read or hear anything negative about play calling yesterday. Maybe thats because nothing worked anyway and we kept turning the ball over.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:26 am

I got to listen and watch this abomination of a football team basically poop down their leg. I blame Joe Burrow on this loss, and honestly I blame him for last week too! He's better then what he's shown and his INT's are a real problem. I don't understand how he could go from longest streak of throwing passes without an INT into leading the league in INT's in 6 or 7 games (Of course spanning back into last season). Starts off the game great then a bone head pick 6. That throw was horrible, the decision was horrible the impact on the game at that point was horrible, just idiotic. Yes he's going to be good, yes there's growing pains but my goodness he's an INT machine right now and it's not fun!

With the above being said this L literally feels almost as bad as the 2015 playoff loss. I couldn't have been more pissed off and my wife was not happy about my mood while the game was going on. After the game I had a 2 hour drive and I literally put a bible channel on the radio to calm myself down. I had to do that for the full 2 hour drive just to ground myself again. I could not be more disappointed with this team after a 5-2 start, also Joe Burrow and his INT's. Hopefully the bye week will help them out, but I'm not betting on it.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:42 am

This gets back to what I wrote in an earlier post in this thread. Burrow trusts his receiver's to get open and targets them regardless.

He's got to realize when a receiver's covered he's covered and go thru his progressions. Of course, it would help if his O-line could block long enough to allow him time to do that but we all know that's not likely to happen and so does Burrow, thus all the INTs.

I had a long off-site discussion with DeadCat last night and he's already to move on from Zac Taylor right now. I reminded him of how many veteran O-Linemen got cut over the summer and how we signed none of them. Zac and SoP seemed content with our current roster.

This is the result.... :evil:

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:56 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:42 am
This gets back to what I wrote in an earlier post in this thread. Burrow trusts his receiver's to get open and targets them regardless.

He's got to realize when a receiver's covered he's covered and go thru his progressions. Of course, it would help if his O-line could block long enough to allow him time to do that but we all know that's not likely to happen and so does Burrow, thus all the INTs.

I had a long off-site discussion with DeadCat last night and he's already to move on from Zac Taylor right now. I reminded him of how many veteran O-Linemen got cut over the summer and how we signed none of them. Zac and SoP seemed content with our current roster.

This is the result.... :evil:
I don't think this is necessarily on Zach, it's more on Burrow being a bone head. Seriously the kids got "IT" but right now it's "INT" instead of the later.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:03 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:56 am
I don't think this is necessarily on Zach, it's more on Burrow being a bone head. Seriously the kids got "IT" but right now it's "INT" instead of the later.
It's on Zac in so far as he didn't do enough to secure a better O-line in front of his franchise QB. I have to believe a lot of these INT's would be avoided if Burrow had more time to go thru his progressions and find an open receiver or at worst, toss the ball away instead of forcing it into coverage.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:14 pm

I could argue that despite all the offensive woes, the pain is on the defensive side of the ball. With the exception of the game yesterday, we should be or could be 8-1. Our offense has put up the points as needed. Even when they Bungle, we recover, yesterday excluded. But even yesterday, the defense did NOTHING to slow down CLE or keep them off the field after the first quarter.

Give me a better defense the last two weeks that can tackle and doesnt give up the middle of the field like the parting of the Red Sea and we win both games.

I realize that isnt the totality of the problem. But one could certainly argue heavily in that direction.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:29 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:03 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:56 am
It's on Zac in so far as he didn't do enough to secure a better O-line in front of his franchise QB. I have to believe a lot of these INT's would be avoided if Burrow had more time to go thru his progressions and find an open receiver or at worst, toss the ball away instead of forcing it into coverage.
I go back to a few weeks ago and I'll say again we are extremely ignorant to what really goes along behind the scenes. I do not blame Zach for this O-line, I don't believe he has much control over that. However we've all seen the bad decisions Joe's been making over the past few games. It's at least 1 if not more per game. This is a problem, and that's my opinion on the matter.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:31 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:14 pm
I could argue that despite all the offensive woes, the pain is on the defensive side of the ball. With the exception of the game yesterday, we should be or could be 8-1. Our offense has put up the points as needed. Even when they Bungle, we recover, yesterday excluded. But even yesterday, the defense did NOTHING to slow down CLE or keep them off the field after the first quarter.

Give me a better defense the last two weeks that can tackle and doesnt give up the middle of the field like the parting of the Red Sea and we win both games.

I realize that isnt the totality of the problem. But one could certainly argue heavily in that direction.
You couple that with Burrow's poor decision making and I think you might have a solution.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:30 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:29 pm
=19142 time=1636387388 user_id=3030]
I go back to a few weeks ago and I'll say again we are extremely ignorant to what really goes along behind the scenes. I do not blame Zach for this O-line, I don't believe he has much control over that. However we've all seen the bad decisions Joe's been making over the past few games. It's at least 1 if not more per game. This is a problem, and that's my opinion on the matter.
It's a little hard to believe the ownership that allowed him to spend $120 million on free agents the past two years told him you can't use that money to sign any O-linemen.... :roll:

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:39 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:30 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:29 pm
=19142 time=1636387388 user_id=3030]
It's a little hard to believe the ownership that allowed him to spend $120 million on free agents the past two years told him you can't use that money to sign any O-linemen.... :roll:
You don't know just as I don't know what is going on behind the scenes. I get what you're sayin I just don't agree.