Cats v Jets Game Thread

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Zoo

Re: Cats v Jets Game Thread

Post by Zoo » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:22 am

The hardest part about the lost was how many non conventional offensive plays Jets ran. No less than 20 by my count. Yeah, it''s part of the game. And the Jets aren't going anywhere this year. so, why not pull out all your tricks in one game. The saddest part of all is the go ahead touchdown was scored by an ex- Bengal on what looked like a blown assignment by our perennial all pro safety.
And as if the lost is was tough enough. I really feel sorry for Mike Hilton who got penalized for making a great play. He'll most likely get a fine from the league as well.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:12 pm

The helmet to helmet call at the end of the game is roundly being criticized around the league. Sports writers and NFL commentators from all over the country who certainly have no rooting interest in the Bengals are calling it the worst call of the season so far.

What gets me most about calls like that and the now overly nebulous "Roughing the passer" call is that these new rules weren't really put in to save the players or protect their health so much as they were put in place to keep the NFL from getting their butts sued off in court by ex-players and their surviving family members who suffer with brain damage from the hits they took when playing. The death of Junior Seau and several others being blamed in whole or in part on CTE scared the living crap out of Beavis and the owners. So they hastily installed some new rules to "protect the players" so they had legal deniability in any future court cases. The game has suffered ever since.

As far as the game overall is concerned, once again we see a Bengals team that shows up to a game unprepared to play. Marvin Lewis' teams were infamous for having about two games a season where they simply didn't show up. No intensity, Chinese fire drill defenses and a general deer in the headlights look about the players all game long. I'd hoped with Zac and Burrow taking over from Marvin and Dalton this might change. Obviously it hasn't.

What worries me in the long run is we may need this game later on in the season to make the play-offs. I'd hate to lose out on a possible spot due to an ugly loss like this against an inferior opponent. One game in this league can make a difference. We'll just have to see how the rest of the season works out.... :?

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:39 pm

i was outta town but did watch.

3 things

1. zac gave up 3 points and i knew it would come back to haunt us and it did.
2. that last helmet-to-helmet hit was.... beyond ridiculous. I fully expect the nfl to send us yet ANOTHER apology letter.
3. the offense scored 31 points and it should have been at least 34. But the defense giving up 34 to this squad is what rally bugged me.