Re: Our 10 game season

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:54 pm

Exile wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:55 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:55 pm
Another great video;

https://youtu.be/ort4QJd7IEY
Meat, that was fantastic, thanks for sharing. Really interesting to get behind the scenes, and I really liked what I heard from Zac. Obviously it’s easier to like when you’re winning, but I feel like I can see now why the core of our team believed in this guy even when they were losing.
In reality we all like to think we know what goes on behind the scene's and that we would do this or that differently, but honestly we have no clue. It would be very ignorant for us to say we do.

Exile

Post by Exile » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:07 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:54 pm
Exile wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:55 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:55 pm
Another great video;

https://youtu.be/ort4QJd7IEY
Meat, that was fantastic, thanks for sharing. Really interesting to get behind the scenes, and I really liked what I heard from Zac. Obviously it’s easier to like when you’re winning, but I feel like I can see now why the core of our team believed in this guy even when they were losing.
In reality we all like to think we know what goes on behind the scene's and that we would do this or that differently, but honestly we have no clue. It would be very ignorant for us to say we do.
100%. There are so many skills and personality traits that go into being a coach. We fans are fixated on the results, but bad coaches can win championships (see Ed Orgeron) and great coaches can have losing seasons. And so much of it is situational, too, how a coach fits with the team. It’s interesting to see the way that Taylor held onto a core of the locker room through two terrible seasons and is finally having success, while Urban seems to have quickly lost the players in Jacksonville, if he ever had them. I know as fans we’ve seen a lot of reasons to be critical of the guy, but Taylor seems clearly to have been doing a lot of things right, too.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:56 am

Looking ahead, now that we lost to NYJ and CLE I think it is safe to say that this week against the Raiders and the rematch against the Stoolers are must win games. But with this team being so hot/cold there is no telling how this season plays out. I'm thinking 8-9 is a more realistic solution now but we'll see.
Seeking Superbowls

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:07 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:56 am
Looking ahead, now that we lost to NYJ and CLE I think it is safe to say that this week against the Raiders and the rematch against the Stoolers are must win games. But with this team being so hot/cold there is no telling how this season plays out. I'm thinking 8-9 is a more realistic solution now but we'll see.
If we won the Bears, Pack and Jets game [I'm not saying browns game because they absolutely destroyed us] we'd be up 2 to 3 games in this division. We have to win against these weak ass teams. Have too! Well except the Pack, they're not weak but we're going to regret losing to the other two slapdick teams.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.