Cats vs Teddys Game Thread.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: Cats vs Teddys Game Thread.

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:20 am

Exile wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:56 am
On the Athletic's Bengals podcast, they had some stats about our run game vs. 5 or 6 guys in the box--i.e. the situations where you should be able to run it because you have an advantage. We're terrible. Mixon's got just over 3 yards per carry while a lot of running backs have 5, 6, 7 in these situations. Is that Mixon? Is that our line? I came into this season optimistic about what our new/old line coach could do with the guys we have in pass protection and in the run game, but so far it's not looking good. Maybe it's tied up in the playcalling--that certainly wasn't impressive in Chicago--I don't know. It's frustrating though, because this definitely seemed like a game we could/should win.

Our defense played really well. I've been consistently impressed with Awuzie and basically the whole secondary not named Eli Apple. The line has been getting good pressure and the linebackers are better than expected. If we could just get our offense going, this team could be great. Unfortunately, Pittsburgh's strength right now is their defense, so it's not like it gets any easier. Should be another winnable game though.
We can sit here and complain all we want but he's second in rushing, and averaging 4 yards per carry. Can we be better YES but for god sakes we were damn near last in the league. We're improving we're not a top 10 team but we're getting better. Also the Bears game was one game, look at what the Packers looked like in Game 1 verses game 2. Our body of work is way to small so far to judge an entire season.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:35 am

i'm no genius (which has been well documented here for nearly 2 decades) but I'd venture to say our pathetic offensive line is the likely culprit for our inability to run the football

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:05 am

skycruiser wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:35 am
i'm no genius (which has been well documented here for nearly 2 decades) but I'd venture to say our pathetic offensive line is the likely culprit for our inability to run the football
You say this but we have the second leading rusher in the NFL right now.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:19 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:35 am
i'm no genius (which has been well documented here for nearly 2 decades)