Re: Day 3 rounds 4-7

Post by Jmble » Sat May 01, 2021 1:08 pm

Let's see a repeat of this!

https://twitter.com/Sheadixon/status/11 ... 4188348416

Sorry for those who can't see Twitter.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat May 01, 2021 1:18 pm

See....this is where I have major issues with Zac's draft strategy. Every Bengal fan knows we need another Guard. This one-year wonder out of LSU would almost certainly be there at our last 4th round pick.

Let's see how many O-linemen go off the board before we come around again...? Wouldn't it have been smarter to take another Guard with that pick and take this DT afterward...? 😠

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sat May 01, 2021 1:26 pm

We'll get another one.

B1 it's bad when I'm the voice of reason now lol
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat May 01, 2021 1:31 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 1:26 pm
We'll get another one.

Sure, you can draft anyone at anytime. But will that guy be as good as who we might have gotten when we took this tub of goo....?🤔

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sat May 01, 2021 1:33 pm

Let's go Forsythe, Brown or T Smith here or Doyle

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sat May 01, 2021 1:34 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 1:31 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 1:26 pm
We'll get another one.

Sure, you can draft anyone at anytime. But will that guy be as good as who we might have gotten when we took this tub of goo....?🤔
It's just the way Zacs drafts have been, go big, hit big or just the polar opposite it seems

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Sat May 01, 2021 1:43 pm

Not the Smith I was looking for, but I'll take it.

D'Ante Smith - OT out of East Carolina
STRENGTHS: Moldable frame with outstanding length (largest wingspan among OL at the Senior Bowl)…light-footed and moves with balance and bounce…moves
with the body flexibility to maintain his knee bend and drop his hips in his pass-sets…agile footwork to recover and work his way back into position once beaten…uses
his long reach to disrupt the timing of rushers…stays eager with his hands and not a catcher…rarely oversets…able to reach and seal in the run game…his rapid
coil/punch annoys defenders…competes with an edge to him…described as “coachable” and “steady” by the ECU coaching staff…battled injuries in college, but
started 26 straight games before his injury as a senior…has starting experience at both tackle and guard.
WEAKNESSES: NFL scouts have questioned if he can comfortably carry 300-plus pounds as his playing weight…needs to improve his counter-measures to answer
secondary moves…can be caught lunging or sacrificing his balance, ending up on the ground…room to tighten his blocking angles…gets a fistful of cloth when drive
blocking and will be a target for holding calls…guilty of overrunning his second-level landmarks…the medical evaluations will be crucial to his draft grade after two
season-ending injuries, including a right knee scope (October 2020) and back injury (September 2016); Suffered a sprained ligament in right thumb during Senior Bowl
practices.
SUMMARY: A four-year starter at East Carolina, Smith manned the left tackle spot in offensive coordinator Donnie Kirkpatrick’s shotgun offense. Learning from three
different offensive line coaches in his five years with the Pirates, he showed steady development each season and was outstanding at the Senior Bowl after missing
almost all of his senior year due to injury. Smith credits high school wrestling for helping him unlock his skills and develop his temperament, toughness and balance.
With his eager hands, he has the tools to answer either quickness or power, but his placement and angles could be more disciplined. Overall, Smith needs to sharpen
his technique, but he is an ascending offensive line prospect with intriguing tools (feet, length, flexibility) and upside to grow into a full-time NFL starter.
GRADE: 3rd Round (No. 89 overall)

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sat May 01, 2021 1:46 pm

Jmble wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 1:43 pm
Not the Smith I was looking for, but I'll take it.

D'Ante Smith - OT out of East Carolina
STRENGTHS: Moldable frame with outstanding length (largest wingspan among OL at the Senior Bowl)…light-footed and moves with balance and bounce…moves
with the body flexibility to maintain his knee bend and drop his hips in his pass-sets…agile footwork to recover and work his way back into position once beaten…uses
his long reach to disrupt the timing of rushers…stays eager with his hands and not a catcher…rarely oversets…able to reach and seal in the run game…his rapid
coil/punch annoys defenders…competes with an edge to him…described as “coachable” and “steady” by the ECU coaching staff…battled injuries in college, but
started 26 straight games before his injury as a senior…has starting experience at both tackle and guard.
WEAKNESSES: NFL scouts have questioned if he can comfortably carry 300-plus pounds as his playing weight…needs to improve his counter-measures to answer
secondary moves…can be caught lunging or sacrificing his balance, ending up on the ground…room to tighten his blocking angles…gets a fistful of cloth when drive
blocking and will be a target for holding calls…guilty of overrunning his second-level landmarks…the medical evaluations will be crucial to his draft grade after two
season-ending injuries, including a right knee scope (October 2020) and back injury (September 2016); Suffered a sprained ligament in right thumb during Senior Bowl
practices.
SUMMARY: A four-year starter at East Carolina, Smith manned the left tackle spot in offensive coordinator Donnie Kirkpatrick’s shotgun offense. Learning from three
different offensive line coaches in his five years with the Pirates, he showed steady development each season and was outstanding at the Senior Bowl after missing
almost all of his senior year due to injury. Smith credits high school wrestling for helping him unlock his skills and develop his temperament, toughness and balance.
With his eager hands, he has the tools to answer either quickness or power, but his placement and angles could be more disciplined. Overall, Smith needs to sharpen
his technique, but he is an ascending offensive line prospect with intriguing tools (feet, length, flexibility) and upside to grow into a full-time NFL starter.
GRADE: 3rd Round (No. 89 overall)
Agree, he seems like an intriguing prospect. Long, and quick. In Pollack we trusty!

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Sat May 01, 2021 2:05 pm

Paul Dehner
The Bengals may have made headlines going with the WR over OL at No. 5 overall, but all five picks since play on the OL/DL.

Their trenches were a trainwreck last year and they have not hidden their feelings about addressing that.
And there's our Kicker

Evan McPherson out of Florida

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Sat May 01, 2021 2:09 pm

PFF doesn't seem to have any write ups on Kickers, but here's a Tweet from PFF Draft in October, 2020.

https://twitter.com/pff_college/status/ ... 92?lang=en
Evan McPherson with a 53-yard FG which may have been good from 100