Day 3 rounds 4-7

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: Day 3 rounds 4-7

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat May 01, 2021 9:39 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:31 pm
I've been busy all day and come back here to catch up on all the hype from the late rounds and I see you guys are pumped about drafting a kicker and an undrafted punter.

Well okay then! :roll: :| I guess I'm gonna have to be stoked about punting 8 times a game and losing 31-6 every week. But those field goals are gonna be beauts Clark!
Tell me your kidding? 7 of the 10 picks are trench fighters, you gotta admit this looks like a good draft on paper.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat May 01, 2021 9:59 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:39 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
I've been busy all day and come back here to catch up on all the hype from the late rounds and I see you guys are pumped about drafting a kicker and an undrafted punter.

Well okay then! :roll: :| I guess I'm gonna have to be stoked about punting 8 times a game and losing 31-6 every week. But those field goals are gonna be beauts Clark!
Tell me your kidding? 7 of the 10 picks are trench fighters, you gotta admit this looks like a good draft on paper.
Yeah really. You're making me agree with Meat Stripey....🤨

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Sat May 01, 2021 10:15 pm

Here is the thing, aside from Chase there is no sure fire top of the line player, but they are throwing a lot of bodies at some major positions of need on the lines. Even if only a couple of these players pan out it’s going to improve this team.

I understand the worry, but I’m optimistic that we got some help this weekend.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat May 01, 2021 10:50 pm

The more I'm watching of this D'Ante Smith OT the more I'm impressed. I think honestly were looking at Carman, and Smith as our RT and RG. Smith is long, and has great feet. I think he'll struggle with run blocking but as long as he can position himself he should be ok but where he'll really shine is pass pro. The link below is all his snaps during 1v1's at the senior bowl, notice how he never really lost one, and how his feet are always in pretty good positioning.

https://youtu.be/nb5eW_G--yw

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun May 02, 2021 8:11 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:39 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:

:lol: :lol: yes, I kid. You can't argue that they didnt try to address the issue this year. And there's still time to pick up some camp casualties as well to shore up other needs. I would hope that Burrow has a big smile on his face today because I dont know what more the team could have done other than sell Mikey's Lumina to grab a top tier FA tackle.
Seeking Superbowls

Mag

Post by Mag » Sun May 02, 2021 10:28 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 3:42 pm
I see a lot of folks still mad, or commenting we haven't gotten a guard but I would argue we did in the second. Carman or our FA signing is going to play guard. So far this draft looks pretty darn good.

Anyone still upset about Chase, I'd like to point out that in 2019 there were 4 first round WR's playing when Bama and LSU matched up. Chase was the best on the field, and we've already seen what Jefferson can do in the NFL. We saw Waddle and his counterpart this season, and Chase was the best WR on that field. It's going to be very exciting going forward here in Cinci.
Correction: 6 first round WRs
LSU- Chase and Jefferson

Bama: Juedy, Ruggs, Smith, Waddle.