2021 Free Agency

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Jmble

Re: 2021 Free Agency

Post by Jmble » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:50 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:42 am
Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
The #Saints have informed CB Janoris “Jackrabbit” Jenkins that they are releasing him, source said. He was due $11.2M this year, with a cap hit of $14.2M.
32 years old. He graded at a 67.4 last year. That's his highest grade since he scored an 82.2 in 2016.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:15 am

Jmble wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:47 am
Meat, I'd love the idea of getting a proven vet at Right Guard, but I just don't see this team signing two proven free agent Guards and a proven free agent Tackle. If the team were able to sign Zeitler and Thuney (which is a big if) I would bet the best we would see signing at Right Tackle would be another Bobby Hart type who has potential but hasn't lived up to it yet hoping for a change of scenery type bump in his performance. If we are going that route I'd rather take the highest rated Tackle in the draft and do the same thing with him. Just because we haven't found success lately doesn't mean it can't happen. Six of the top ten highest rated Tackles in 2020 were drafted in the first round. I think Sewell or Slater are worth the shot.
I could be wrong, if I am I'm sure someone here will point it out, but I haven't seen where anyone said we are targeting two guards in FA. Personally I see them targeting a G and T combo. I know a lot of folks here want Sewell and I do not I also know it's very unpopular around Bengals circles and in todays climate it seems if you don't go with the popular opinion you and your opinion isn't valid. We are above this here, or at least I hope we are, and I'm not going to be afraid to share my opinion.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:20 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:15 am

I could be wrong, if I am I'm sure someone here will point it out, but I haven't seen where anyone said we are targeting two guards in FA. Personally I see them targeting a G and T combo. I know a lot of folks here want Sewell and I do not I also know it's very unpopular around Bengals circles and in todays climate it seems if you don't go with the popular opinion you and your opinion isn't valid. We are above this here, or at least I hope we are, and I'm not going to be afraid to share my opinion.
If you thought I was attacking your opinion, I apologize. I was just giving my own opinion back with one stat for why I feel that way.

You are correct that nobody said we are targeting two Guards. I was just going with B-1's scenario which is what you were commenting on which had Zeitler and Thuney. If we bring a quality RIght Tackle in here I would be thrilled. I'm the one who has been hyping Micah Parsons at number 5.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:46 am

Personally, if I had to make a guess at this point in time, I'd bet the Bengals will sign a tier-1 Guard and a tier-1 defensive lineman.

I then expect they'll sign a second tier Tackle and another defensive back to help compensate for the expected loss of WJIII.

I think they will re-sign Lawson to a 3-4 year contract and tap Penile with the fifth pick.

If Penile is gone I expect they'll either take a WR at #5 or trade back a few picks and grab Slater instead.

Obviously, this is all rank speculation at this point.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:57 am

Jmble wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:20 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:15 am

If you thought I was attacking your opinion, I apologize. I was just giving my own opinion back with one stat for why I feel that way.

You are correct that nobody said we are targeting two Guards. I was just going with B-1's scenario which is what you were commenting on which had Zeitler and Thuney. If we bring a quality RIght Tackle in here I would be thrilled. I'm the one who has been hyping Micah Parsons at number 5.
Forgive me if you took that away from my post, I in no way thought you were attacking me. I know I haven't had the privilege of meeting you guys in person which does help with how things are expressed. Hopefully someday we'll have a giant OSF meetup, maybe if my business grows big enough I'll get a season box there at the stadium and get you all in for a game.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:25 am

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
#Chiefs LT Eric Fisher announced on Instagram that he’s been released. The team is also releasing OT Mitchell Schwartz, source said. Both tackles out in KC.

While the dueling tackle releases are jarring, both are injury-related. Mitchell Schwartz recently had surgery and has decisions to make about his future, while Eric Fisher has a torn Achilles — an uphill battle to be ready for the season, though he is working hard at it.
Last edited by Bengals1 on Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:28 am

Cut's coming in daily there will be guys available. Some very tough decisions for these teams coming, and we are in position to take advantage.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:33 am

Eric Fisher had a 2020 PFF grade of 80.0. Pass blocking 76.2 and Run Blocking 72.7.

He did allow 3 sacks and have 3 penalties but that was in 1,048 snaps.

He may be 30 years old but this guy likely has a few years left. I'd be jumping all over this one.

Mitchell Schwartz is almost 32. He had a limited year due to injuries. Week 7 was the first game he's missed in his entire career. He had an 84.0 PFF grade allowing zero sacks in 1,046 snaps in 2019.

He's a question mark coming off the injury at his age, but his consistency during his career would make him worth a look. If is back is healed up he could have some Andrew Whitworth type later years left in him.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:40 pm

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
2m
"I just know talking with the Bengals I think they would do right by me. And we’ll get that situation talked about first, but there is a lot of interest out there that’s what I’m hearing.”

One of the most underrated free agents.
Quote Tweet
Paul Dehner Jr.
@pauldehnerjr
· 3m
Everyone has been talking about Carl Lawson.

Today, Lawson did the talking and it was one of the most entertaining conversations I've had with a player.

And a very interesting look at his free agency experience, the #Bengals and outlook on next week.

https://bit.ly/3bDr7Nx

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:41 pm

can one of you post the article?