Athletic article on the search for a new O-line coach

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: Athletic article on the search for a new O-line coach

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:55 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:06 pm
Y’all remember in the preseason when he couldn’t even snap the ball to Dalton right?
That wasn't under Pollack was it? We all know Turner was a POS horrible coach. I hope everyone can wipe the slate clean and give him an objective shot with a good OL coach.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:24 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:55 pm
skycruiser wrote:
Y’all remember in the preseason when he couldn’t even snap the ball to Dalton right?
That wasn't under Pollack was it? We all know Turner was a POS horrible coach. I hope everyone can wipe the slate clean and give him an objective shot with a good OL coach.
Yeah he was. Out of all the trouble he had in Miami why on earth would we hire him anyways? Players hated him, was in on all the bullying that occurred down there. Other coaches around the league aren't high on him either. Never understood hiring him in the first place.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Exile

Post by Exile » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:45 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:24 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:55 pm
skycruiser wrote:
Yeah he was. Out of all the trouble he had in Miami why on earth would we hire him anyways? Players hated him, was in on all the bullying that occurred down there. Other coaches around the league aren't high on him either. Never understood hiring him in the first place.
Taylor had worked with him at several stops along the way--which, considering the way that things turned out, doesn't speak too highly of Taylor's judgment. Then again, it's easy for all of us to have blind spots for people we know. And I think Turner was an older, more experienced coach when Taylor was a grad assistant? It's even harder sometimes to see people we view as mentors objectively.