Draft Talk - Cuz it's never too early...

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Mag

Re: Draft Talk - Cuz it's never too early...

Post by Mag » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:42 am

orange_black wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:34 pm
I will never wear a flat bill
I don't like them, either. They do sell fast. Good business to have them in your merch lineup.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:10 am

Mag wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:42 am
orange_black wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:34 pm
I will never wear a flat bill
I don't like them, either. They do sell fast. Good business to have them in your merch lineup.
I totally get it. Just saying that I, will NEVER do it.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:21 am

Mel Kiper's 2 Round Bengals Mock via ESPN....

This was the toughest call for me. It came down to Sewell and wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase, who knows Joe Burrow well from their time together at LSU and would be an excellent fit next to Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd. Ultimately, the Bengals’ offensive line was such a disaster that I don’t think they can pass on Sewell, who should start immediately at one of the tackle spots opposite Jonah Williams. The good thing for Cincinnati is that tackle and wideout are two of the deepest positions in this class, and it should be able to find a starter at those positions at the top of Round 2.”

Kiper then loops back and attacks the wideout need with North Carolina’s Dyami Brown:

Since I went offensive tackle for Cincinnati at No. 5, I wanted to get a receiver here, and there has been some buzz around Brown. He had back-to-back seasons of 1,000-plus receiving yards while averaging 20 yards per catch. He’s a deep threat who could also work on underneath routes.”

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:07 am

From CBS Sports via NFL Rumors on Twitter
#NFL Via
@CBSSports
the #Falcons have talked to two teams wanting to move into the 4 slot which would be the #Patriots and the #Cowboys #NFLRumors #NFLDraft
The Pats would probably be looking at a QB, but all bets are off if the Cowboys are trying to jump ahead of us. I would think they would be looking to grab either Sewell, Chase, or possibly Pitts if they really want him and don't think he will be there at 10.

There's a good chance that Dallas would be making our choice a whole lot simpler though.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:44 am

Jmble wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:07 am
#NFL Via
@CBSSports
the #Falcons have talked to two teams wanting to move into the 4 slot which would be the #Patriots and the #Cowboys #NFLRumors #NFLDraft
The Pats would probably be looking at a QB, but all bets are off if the Cowboys are trying to jump ahead of us. I would think they would be looking to grab either Sewell, Chase, or possibly Pitts if they really want him and don't think he will be there at 10.

There's a good chance that Dallas would be making our choice a whole lot simpler though.
My understanding is Jerra is infatuated with Pitts. Pitts even released a statement about how flattered he is that the Cowboys owner thinks so highly of his skills.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:06 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:44 am
Jmble wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:07 am
#NFL Via
@CBSSports

My understanding is Jerra is infatuated with Pitts. Pitts even released a statement about how flattered he is that the Cowboys owner thinks so highly of his skills.
Yeah if it's the Cowboys wanting to move up to 4th then it's definitely Pitts. Jones is absolutely in love with him, from alot of reports I've read recently.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Mag

Post by Mag » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:49 am

Definitely lots of talk in Dallas about Pitts.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:41 am

https://youtu.be/gxKavopjDQE

This is a later round gem that we might want to look out for, I know how B1 loves those small college guys! Maybe a unsigned FA.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:25 pm

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
Versatility is key: #Oregon LT Penile Swallow, the Draft’s consensus top OT, has been training at right tackle as well as left tackle (which he played in college). Swallow is preparing for the possibility that someone with an entrenched LT drafts him & puts him at RT for a year.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:37 am

Sounds like I may have been right about the Cowboys targeting Sewell.

https://heavy.com/sports/chicago-bears/ ... WU-umS41YQ