Draft Talk - Cuz it's never too early...

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Draft Talk - Cuz it's never too early...

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:16 pm

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
Random quote from a top decision maker on the 2021 NFL Draft: “This is the worst defensive tackle draft I’ve ever seen.” There could still be one or even two in the first round. But the overall depth clearly isn’t there.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:42 am

NFL Rumors (@nflrums)
Per Sports Illustrated Insider #Broncos are likely to trade for #Panthers Teddy Bridgewater during the draft. #NFL #NFLDraft #nflrumors

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:51 am

I stand by not believing anything you hear before the draft, but per @NFLRUMS
#Bengals are leaning toward WR Ja'Marr Chase with the 5th overall pick. #Cincinnati #NFL #NFLDraft #nflrumors
This could easily be the Bengals telling teams they don't need to trade up ahead of them to get Sewell, but you never know.

Mag

Post by Mag » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:54 pm

Jmble wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:51 am
#Bengals are leaning toward WR Ja'Marr Chase with the 5th overall pick. #Cincinnati #NFL #NFLDraft #nflrumors
This could easily be the Bengals telling teams they don't need to trade up ahead of them to get Sewell, but you never know.
I don't think any of it matters much. I'm sure we all will be perfectly happy with either Sewell or Chase, especially if the team addresses the other position in Day 2.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:18 pm

Mag wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:54 pm
Jmble wrote:
I don't think any of it matters much. I'm sure we all will be perfectly happy with either Sewell or Chase, especially if the team addresses the other position in Day 2.
I think for the most part this board will agree with that. I think if the pick is Sewell, everybody else will get behind it. I think if the pick is Chase, half the people outside of here will be pissed because they won't be happy with anything but an Offensive Lineman.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:24 pm

Jmble wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:18 pm
Mag wrote:
Jmble wrote:

I think for the most part this board will agree with that. I think if the pick is Sewell, everybody else will get behind it. I think if the pick is Chase, half the people outside of here will be pissed because they won't be happy with anything but an Offensive Lineman.
Personally I'm not going to be thrilled with Swallows, and I won't be thrilled unless we pick up a very talented WR in the second. But I just don't see the talent in the 2nd being even close to Chase.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:33 pm

Mag wrote:
I've resigned myself to the belief that its going to be Chase at #5 and I agree with Mag and Jmble that most of the fan base feels that way now too.

Would I prefer Swallows...? Sure. But again, I have no doubt Chase will be an excellent NFL player and again, I expect them to address the O-line in the second round and probably again later in the draft as well.

Pitts would be a bit of a surprise for us at #5 but I could live with that choice too. Again, assuming we address the line in the second.

I don't see where they can really go wrong with any of these three scenarios. So of course, I expect them to screw it up somehow..... :twisted:

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:24 am

NFL Rumors (@nflrums)
#Bengals had a virtual meeting with Charleston WR Mike Strachan and Liberty LB Anthony Butler. #NFL #NFLDraft #nflrumors

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:53 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:24 am
NFL Rumors (@nflrums)
#Bengals had a virtual meeting with Charleston WR Mike Strachan and Liberty LB Anthony Butler. #NFL #NFLDraft #nflrumors
Just what B1 loves best. A late round small school Linebacker. :D

Though for what it's worth, That PFF draft guide has Butler ranked as the 60th best Linebacker in the draft and likely an undrafted free agent.

Butler also met with the Cowboys, Raiders, Packers, Ravens, 49ers, Giants, Chiefs, Steelers, and Colts.

There appears to be a lot of intrigue around him for whatever reason.

Strachan is projected as a 6th or 7th round pick. PFF has him ranked as the 36th Wide Receiver.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:59 am

Jmble wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:53 am
Though for what it's worth, That PFF draft guide has Butler ranked as the 60th best Linebacker in the draft and likely an undrafted free agent.
We'll probably take him in the third..... :roll: