Draft Talk - Cuz it's never too early...

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: Draft Talk - Cuz it's never too early...

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:42 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:12 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:08 pm
You guys do know why they have been smashing that Lazy B on stuff don't you? Logo's like the tiger head cost more and when adding up a $1 a hat if not more it really cuts into your profits!!
Why would one logo cost more to use than another? The Bengals own both.
Yes they own both but the more intricate the logo the price increases. When dealing with merch from my own business we have to be careful how detailed you get because it all costs extra.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:19 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:42 pm
Yes they own both but the more intricate the logo the price increases. When dealing with merch from my own business we have to be careful how detailed you get because it all costs extra.
Okay, so you're saying because the lazy B is a simpler design it's cheaper for them to reproduce on merchandise.

I'll buy that except I don't believe the individual teams pay for the merchandise that's produced. I believe the NFL as a league does.

And they're more interested in what sells.... period.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:58 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:19 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Okay, so you're saying because the lazy B is a simpler design it's cheaper for them to reproduce on merchandise.

I'll buy that except I don't believe the individual teams pay for the merchandise that's produced. I believe the NFL as a league does.

And they're more interested in what sells.... period.
You can't honestly tell me that the lazy B sells better then the Bengal head... You can sell that all you want I'm not buying it.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:33 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:58 pm
You can't honestly tell me that the lazy B sells better then the Bengal head... You can sell that all you want I'm not buying it.
Oh I have no idea which is more popular with the fans nor was that my point. Since they hardly place the tiger head on anything nowadays how could anyone tell? There's virtually no tiger head merchandise available to compare with any more.

My point is that I doubt the NFL who puts out these hats cares about how detailed the logo is. They'll use whatever the individual team wants them to use.

And the Bengals decided several years ago the lazy B was going to be their main logo.🤮

Mag

Post by Mag » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:03 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:12 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:08 pm
You guys do know why they have been smashing that Lazy B on stuff don't you? Logo's like the tiger head cost more and when adding up a $1 a hat if not more it really cuts into your profits!!
Why would one logo cost more to use than another? The Bengals own both.
You can do more detail using a sublimated patch as opposed to a woven or embroidered patch. All my brewery hats are custom. I have my own tags, seam stitching, and everything. I can use a sublimated patch for more detailed logos, and it's the same price. Basically sublimation is when ink is added to threads as fabric is being stitched.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:45 pm

Mag wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:03 pm
You can do more detail using a sublimated patch as opposed to a woven or embroidered patch. All my brewery hats are custom. I have my own tags, seam stitching, and everything. I can use a sublimated patch for more detailed logos, and it's the same price. Basically sublimation is when ink is added to threads as fabric is being stitched.
There, see...?

If Mag can figure it out I think the NFL has long ago.

Okay, I didn't mean that to sound like dig at Mag.

That's just icing on the cake..... 8-)

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:34 pm

I will never wear a flat bill

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:11 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:45 pm
Mag wrote:
There, see...?

I can only speak for what we run into in our business and it's more expensive for us as we get more intricate in the design... Maybe we need to look for a different company to go thru.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:19 am

So I'm not sure where this guy is sitting draft wise but he might be a good idea picking up later if we don't go WR at 5

https://youtu.be/4zFuII4NctQ

Mag

Post by Mag » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:37 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:11 am
Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:45 pm
Mag wrote:
There, see...?

I can only speak for what we run into in our business and it's more expensive for us as we get more intricate in the design... Maybe we need to look for a different company to go thru.
Meat, how many hats do you usually order at one time and about how much do you pay? I'm currently using this company https://brewerybranding.com/. The custom hats come from China. Prices have gone up over the last year, but they're still reasonable if you can handle the minimums. I may have a new source from India that is even cheaper, but I'm waiting on more info.