Draft Talk - Cuz it's never too early...

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: Draft Talk - Cuz it's never too early...

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:47 am

Jmble wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:44 am
stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:18 pm
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... come-true/

Hmmmm....is this Swallows preemptive strike to dodge the Bungles? I think I'd be making a call to the Chargers to see what they have to offer. If they trade up to 4 with Atlanta thats going to be expensive. Give them Penis, and take their first, second and third rounder this year. We can do a lot of damage with those extra picks on both sides of the ball. Heck, take picks 38 and 47 we get from the Chargers, package those up and trade back into the first round if the draft goes our way. But if Penis wants to give us the shaft, lets go elsewhere.
He also had conversations about playing for the Bengals, that's just not an interesting story. This is just the same deal as last week when everyone was reporting how Chase would love to play with Burrow again. I don't think he's trying to avoid anything in this conversation. He may rather play for the Chargers than the Bengals in his mind, but I don't think that's what is happening here.
More than anything it's the media playing their manipulation games to try and create stories that aren't really there!

Exile

Post by Exile » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:32 am

Yeah, this is a non-story. If they ask him if he'd like to go play with a guy he knows and--apparently--likes, of course that would be awesome. Does he want to fall down to 13th pick in the draft? Probably not. Is he going to play for whatever team drafts him? Almost certainly. This isn't Eli Manning refusing to play for a team, this is asking a kid a question about getting the old gang back together. It's a bit of a weird story, just because it seems pretty unlikely to happen, whereas Chase to the Bengals is very likely to be just a question of whether the Bengals choose to draft him or not.

Mag

Post by Mag » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:38 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:24 am
https://youtu.be/QR0YEQD6IZ8

These guys bring up a very good argument about why to draft Chase that I'm bring the analytics to back it up. It starts around 7:49
They crush it. Good find!

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:01 pm

Just a feeling knowing Mikey the pick is Sewell. Just alot goes into it after many many years being a Bengals fan. I mean Mikey, they had Munoz (which everyone saying that Sewell can be), they drafted Ross at what 9th a few years ago and ended up being absolutely a horrible pick, this team believe it or not takes alot of linemen, it's the feel good pick, he's investing in Burrow, Yada Yada Yada other reasons why I truly believe this organization has zeroed in on Sewell as their pick. Put it this way, I won't be surprised if he's the pick, I will be surprised is Chase is the pick and Sewell is still available.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:17 pm

The national media loves to do this to the Bengals. They tried to pull the same crap with Burrow right before the draft, so it’s no surprise this kind of drama is coming up

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:01 pm

Official 2021 Draft Cap....

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:27 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:01 pm
Official 2021 Draft Cap....

It's not a terrible hat. They have a version without the flat bill. It kind of feels like a vintage trucker hat, not just with the mesh back, but the huge logo on the front.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:18 pm

Jmble wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:27 pm
It's not a terrible hat. They have a version without the flat bill. It kind of feels like a vintage trucker hat, not just with the mesh back, but the huge logo on the front.
No, it's not a terrible hat. I just wish they didn't smack that damn lazy B on everything. It would look much better with the tiger head...

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:08 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:18 pm
Jmble wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:27 pm
No, it's not a terrible hat. I just wish they didn't smack that damn lazy B on everything. It would look much better with the tiger head...
You guys do know why they have been smashing that Lazy B on stuff don't you? Logo's like the tiger head cost more and when adding up a $1 a hat if not more it really cuts into your profits!!

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:12 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:08 pm
You guys do know why they have been smashing that Lazy B on stuff don't you? Logo's like the tiger head cost more and when adding up a $1 a hat if not more it really cuts into your profits!!
Why would one logo cost more to use than another? The Bengals own both.