2019 Camp Thread

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

2019 Camp Thread

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:45 pm

Flick! (Turns lights on)

10 days to go. I have to say that all of my enthusiasm around this season is gone with the renewed issues on the Oline. I cant think of a single story line more important than how our Oline rolls out in Week1. Even the uncertainty of a new coach takes a back seat. Because if the Oline sucks, we suck and Zac sucks, AJ sucks, Mixon sucks, Eiffert sucks, the defense will tire and suck. You get the idea.

I like our tools across the rest of the team. So I have one, and only one position scrum I will be focused on.

Early camps start this week so at least the NFL news will start to pick up quickly. Time to stock the minifridge and buy a new recliner.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Exile

Re: 2019 Camp Thread

Post by Exile » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:57 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:45 pm
Flick! (Turns lights on)

10 days to go. I have to say that all of my enthusiasm around this season is gone with the renewed issues on the Oline. I cant think of a single story line more important than how our Oline rolls out in Week1. Even the uncertainty of a new coach takes a back seat. Because if the Oline sucks, we suck and Zac sucks, AJ sucks, Mixon sucks, Eiffert sucks, the defense will tire and suck. You get the idea.

I like our tools across the rest of the team. So I have one, and only one position scrum I will be focused on.

Early camps start this week so at least the NFL news will start to pick up quickly. Time to stock the minifridge and buy a new recliner.
I hear ya. I'm just glad that I have the Buckeyes to get excited about. I'm keeping an eye on the Bengals, but my expectations are low.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:47 am

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... l-be-good/

This is already a disaster in the making. And now Zac is starting to sound like Marvin. Ugh!

Can someone go to Boling's house and just figure out what the heck is going on? Seriously, catch him at the gym, walmart, wherever! He can't disappear!

EDIT - no need to hunt down Boling. :(

Mag

Post by Mag » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:50 am

I'm not too worried about the starting OL, especially the interior. Miller plus a healthy, more experienced Price should be an immediate upgrade. I'm hoping the light clicks on for Westerman. In his short playing time, he is borderline dominant. His issue is grasping much of the mental side. If he can do that, or if the coaches can scheme to his strengths, we should have a much stronger middle. There is also good depth with Jerry, Jordan, and Hopkins. Two can play center and two can play tackle.

Tackle is tough. Hart is arguably the worst starting tackle in the league. Glenn is very solid at LT, but he struggles through injury. We need to make a roster move to shore up depth at OT. Ideally, we make a trade to upgrade Hart and make Hart a swing tackle. While he sucks as a starter, I feel better about him in spot starts.

Barring more injuries, this line should be at least a little improved over last year (upgrade at C and RG). A little luck and one solid addition could make this line more than adequate.

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:59 pm

Bengals sixth-round RB Rodney Anderson (knee) is likely to open the season on the reserve/PUP list.

Anderson tore his ACL two games into his junior season. He was expected to be ready for training camp, but that's not going to happen. Anderson will miss at least the first six games if he lands on PUP but it could allow the Bengals to stash him without using a roster spot. With Anderson sidelined, Trayveon Williams is the favorite for Cincy's No. 3 role.

Source: Paul Dehner on Twitter
Jul 17, 2019, 4:21 PM ET

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:09 pm

Mag wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:50 am
I'm not too worried about the starting OL, especially the interior. Miller plus a healthy, more experienced Price should be an immediate upgrade. I'm hoping the light clicks on for Westerman. In his short playing time, he is borderline dominant. His issue is grasping much of the mental side. If he can do that, or if the coaches can scheme to his strengths, we should have a much stronger middle. There is also good depth with Jerry, Jordan, and Hopkins. Two can play center and two can play tackle.

Tackle is tough. Hart is arguably the worst starting tackle in the league. Glenn is very solid at LT, but he struggles through injury. We need to make a roster move to shore up depth at OT. Ideally, we make a trade to upgrade Hart and make Hart a swing tackle. While he sucks as a starter, I feel better about him in spot starts.

Barring more injuries, this line should be at least a little improved over last year (upgrade at C and RG). A little luck and one solid addition could make this line more than adequate.
Wow, you just made a heaping pile of stinking pig shit smell mildly fragrant. You can put lipstick on the pig too. But I still wouldn't want to take it out on a date. I'm nowhere near that optimistic until I see Westerman make it through camp, have Price make it through without another injury and see if Hart decides to actually block someone.

Exile

Post by Exile » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:33 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:09 pm
Mag wrote:

Wow, you just made a heaping pile of stinking pig shit smell mildly fragrant. You can put lipstick on the pig too. But I still wouldn't want to take it out on a date. I'm nowhere near that optimistic until I see Westerman make it through camp, have Price make it through without another injury and see if Hart decides to actually block someone.
As an Ohio State fan, my main interest is quickly becoming the question of whether or not Michael Jordan can crack the starting lineup and be a decent to good NFL lineman. It gives me something to care about, if not to be optimistic for.

Mag

Post by Mag » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:15 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:09 pm
Mag wrote:

A made over pig is still an improvement over one that's not. We've had equally bad OL situations and still had overall solid performance and made playoff runs. Remember the OL with Livings at G, Cook at C, and Collins/ Roland rotating at RT? Whit and Bobbie Williams were the only bright spots.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:23 pm

this is the least i've cared about football coming into a season. unless we sign 2-3 impact OL somehow there's no way this team is going to be any good

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:07 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:23 pm
this is the least i've cared about football coming into a season. unless we sign 2-3 impact OL somehow there's no way this team is going to be any good
Fat Albert is back. Problem solved!! :twisted: