Report: Zac to oversee major coaching shakeup.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: Report: Zac to oversee major coaching shakeup.

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:00 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:43 pm
Well this day is nothing more than a kick in the nuts. There better be a serious roster shakeup ahead. These guys have no faith in Zac right now. They aren't going to play for "him", but might play inspired ball for coordinators they love. So if Zac is being left to his own decisions I seriously question who we will end up with. I call BS on that one too.....we all know that even Marvin couldn't win with SoP. He always had to be in the loop and have input on the final call.
I don't agree that these players have no faith in Zac, they did play very hard week 15, and 16. I think most of the issues with the coaching staff were more directed toward bad position coaches. This is why I have taken the stance I have, Dunlap didn't like the DC or the D-line coach, Glenn didn't like the O-line coach, A.J. Green doesn't like the WR coach he's just not very vocal about it. Dunlap being the very vocal one to the point where he was ready to fight these coaches which was his ticket out of town.

With that being said I think this is the prove it year for Zac, it's playoffs or cya. With the roster flip over the past 2 years, this year should finalize that, he's got who he wants and there's no more excuses.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:04 pm

For what it's worth, Tyler Boyd went to bat for Taylor.

From Paul Dehner Jr
Tyler Boyd was effusive in support of keeping Taylor. Also, this under-discussed aspect: "Just sucks to go through another rotation of a head coach. You got to re-find the chemistry, go through another system. It’s just too much at times. Especially for what we’ve been through."
Granted that sounds a lot more like he just doesn't want to go through change again rather than explicitly saying Zac is the guy. But it still means something.

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:07 pm

Joey Burrow ☑️ @JoeyB

Couldn’t be more excited about the future of our organization. We have a great foundation and great people at the top. Look forward to giving the fans what they deserve. Also hopefully that’s the last time I ever have to watch a game on tv 🤟

2:49 PM · Jan 4, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Aceking
Site Admin

Post by Aceking » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:06 pm

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:11 pm

Aceking wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:06 pm
It’s official: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... -Sn6cMKNW8
From the article...

Offensive line coach Jim Turner, defensive line coach Nick Eason, defensive assistant Gerald Chatman and wide receivers coach Bob Bicknell won’t be back next season.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:34 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:11 pm
Aceking wrote:
From the article...

Offensive line coach Jim Turner, defensive line coach Nick Eason, defensive assistant Gerald Chatman and wide receivers coach Bob Bicknell won’t be back next season.

Let's just hope we get some veteran experience in our new coaches. Turner was, but he was a dick head, no one liked him. He was the one that was in the center of a law suit in Miami over letting other players bully a new guy.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:51 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:34 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:11 pm
Aceking wrote:
From the article...

Let's just hope we get some veteran experience in our new coaches. Turner was, but he was a dick head, no one liked him. He was the one that was in the center of a law suit in Miami over letting other players bully a new guy.
No chance he will be able to hire assistance coaches that have other opportunities. Who wants to go work for a head coach who's ass is already bright red from sitting on a hot seat.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:48 pm

Bengals LB Logan Wilson on Zac Taylor: "There's a reason why he's coming back. We believe in him."

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:16 pm

Something is to be said for how many players have come out in support of him

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:37 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:16 pm
Something is to be said for how many players have come out in support of him
I see better than I hear. I saw Dunlap take a shit on his team and coaches and ask for a trade. I saw AJ Green (a captain) tip toe through an entire season not giving a shit. These guys were / are the most respected locker room leaders and they bailed. And there are many other examples I can cite. I'm willing to accept that maybe these players don't like their position coaches and maybe Zac isn't the problem. But 6 wins in 2 seasons is a big freaking problem.

So let's see who we can pick up. We need respect and experience on the staff. I see better than I hear. (and no B1, it's not because of my old age)
Seeking Superbowls