1-2-1 How good are we?

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

1-2-1 How good are we?

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:59 pm

So I've seen some folks on here saying we're a decent team but I would argue we still aren't very good. Plead your case here, who are we better then?

Personally as of right now I think we're better then the following;

Jets
Dolphins
Houston
Lions
Giants
Falcons
Possibly Vikings

That would put us 25th in the NFL, I put us still in the bottom tier of the NFL but we have a lot of promise going forward.

What say you?

stripesincarolina

Re: 1-2-1 How good are we?

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:06 pm

We are better than the Chargers, period. We are better than the Broncos, Washington, Philly AND Dallas. Yes Dallas. Their defense is horrible!!! They have given up 57 more points than we have in 4 games. I could make an argument that we are better than Arizona too. And that right there puts us in the top 20 teams. So yes, the bottom of the middle, if you will.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:10 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:06 pm
We are better than the Chargers, period. We are better than the Broncos, Washington, Philly AND Dallas. Yes Dallas. Their defense is horrible!!! They have given up 57 more points than we have in 4 games. I could make an argument that we are better than Arizona too. And that right there puts us in the top 20 teams. So yes, the bottom of the middle, if you will.
Well we lost to the Chargers at home, so you can say all you want we are better but we aren't! We lost to them in a head to head....

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:23 pm

Let's start here.

With a .375 win percentage, there are 13 teams with the same or worse win percentage as the Bengals.

One is the Chargers. I agree with Meat, maybe farther into the season we can look at that game with different eyes, but as of right now, they won head to head. They had to basically rebrand their team after losing Tyrod Taylor and have suffered other injuries to go with it including an early game injury to Austin Ekeler yesterday.

Of the remaining 12 teams I feel safe saying we are better than the Jaguars, Jets, Giants, Texans, Falcons, and Washington.

That leaves The Broncos, Eagles, Cowboys, Lions, and Vikings

The Eagles are a draw.

Head to head I think the Cowboys beat us in a shootout. So I put them above us but not by a much.

I put us about even with the Broncos, Lions, and Vikings right now. My opinion may change as time goes on.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:23 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:10 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
Well we lost to the Chargers at home, so you can say all you want we are better but we aren't! We lost to them in a head to head....
Meat, seriously, we muffed a chip shot FG to send it into overtime and we had the momentum going. It was also JB's FIRST game with no training camp. After 4 games, we CLEARLY are a better team. And yes, the Chargers are no slouches. But I'd bet on the Cats all day long right now in a rematch.
Seeking Superbowls

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:29 pm

Looking at a few Power Rankings today to see where we are trending.

Profootball Talk - 23, Followed by the Texans, Panthers, Dolphins, Lions, Broncos, Giants, Jaguars, Washington, Jets

Sporting News - 21, Followed by the Vikings, Chargers, Lions, Washington, Dolphins, Jaguars, Broncos, Falcons, Texans, Giants, Jets

Other sites will update after the games tonight.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:36 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:23 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:10 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
Meat, seriously, we muffed a chip shot FG to send it into overtime and we had the momentum going. It was also JB's FIRST game with no training camp. After 4 games, we CLEARLY are a better team. And yes, the Chargers are no slouches. But I'd bet on the Cats all day long right now in a rematch.
I understand what you're saying but we lost to them head to head. We did a lot of good and we've grown but so have they. Their rookie QB looks very good and might even look better then Joe Burrow over the last few weeks. I know his QBR is higher then Joe's and I strongly believe that's because he's on a better team, not because he's actually better then Joe.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:38 pm

I don't think the Texans are that bad, they've had a very tough schedule so far.

After watching the Broncos beat the Jets the other night I'd say we're better than both of them.

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:09 pm

Now that preseason is over we can finally see what we have in this team. And simply put we are not a good football team. We're not bad, mediocre at best. You can't be a good team and not play well with injured players. Case in the defense line in general has been sucking with Geno out. I'm not saying we can't win. I just think it's going to be done like the Saints did years back. Just simply keep putting points on the board and hope your defense can make a couple plays a game.
So grab your bourbonr, buckle your seatbelt and enjoy the chaos of rooting for the Bengals
Who Dey!

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:20 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:38 pm
I don't think the Texans are that bad, they've had a very tough schedule so far.

After watching the Broncos beat the Jets the other night I'd say we're better than both of them.
Bad enough that they just fired Bill O'Brian. Damn thats harsh.
Seeking Superbowls