Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: NFL News & Notes

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:06 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:48 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:04 pm
Seems the Chiefs learned their lesson about having a sub-par Offensive Line.... 8-)

Around The NFL (@AroundTheNFL)
𝗕𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚: Ravens OT Orlando Brown traded to Chiefs for multiple picks (per @MikeGarafolo and @RapSheet)
It wasn't that they had a sub par O-line it was that 4 of their starters were out for that SB matchup!
I know. But that caused them to play the Super Bowl with a sub-par line. And they quickly addressed it this off-season.

That's what good, solid, well run teams do....
Last edited by Bengals1 on Tue May 04, 2021 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat May 01, 2021 4:33 pm

Alicia Colegrove (@nflftbltalk)
#Packers Aaron Rodgers was passing through a crowd walking into a race park, he was asked if he was returning to Packers and he said highly unlikely. Confirmed by two reporters in the crowd in Kentucky.
I am told the #Broncos have engaged in a possible trade.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue May 04, 2021 4:18 pm

Ravens sign Villanueva to a 2 year deal at Right Tackle. So after the FA and draft season concludes, the Ravens end up with Zeitler and Villanueva anchoring the right side of their line. We end up with a rookie and Riley Reiff.

Not implying anything. We could end up with the better deal here. But my gut tells me we could have had Zeitler and Sewell with not a lot more effort. I cant help but feeling that we constantly get out maneuvered, out scouted and out bid.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue May 04, 2021 7:37 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:18 pm
Ravens sign Villanueva to a 2 year deal at Right Tackle. So after the FA and draft season concludes, the Ravens end up with Zeitler and Villanueva anchoring the right side of their line. We end up with a rookie and Riley Reiff.

Not implying anything. We could end up with the better deal here. But my gut tells me we could have had Zeitler and Sewell with not a lot more effort. I cant help but feeling that we constantly get out maneuvered, out scouted and out bid.
With what WR weapon to help on offense? The second round prospects didn't look that good to me!

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Thu May 13, 2021 10:03 am

Penei Sewell has tested positive for Covid and will miss rookie minicamp.

This probably won't mean anything in the long term for Sewell, but can you imagine the reaction from Bengals fans if we had drafted him after our first round history? :D

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu May 13, 2021 11:56 am

Jmble wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:03 am
Penei Sewell has tested positive for Covid and will miss rookie minicamp.

This probably won't mean anything in the long term for Sewell, but can you imagine the reaction from Bengals fans if we had drafted him after our first round history? :D
Yeah, exactly. Most likely he'll be fine in two weeks or so but if we'd have drafted him he'd have ended up in the hospital on life support with tubes and wires coming out of him and needed 2 months to recover once he got out. :roll:

No offense of course.... ;)

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu May 13, 2021 5:14 pm

Why....? :shock:

Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero)
The #Patriots worked out former #Bengals guard Alex Redmond today, per source. Redmond, 26, has started 24 of 27 games played over the past three seasons.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun May 16, 2021 2:20 am

NFL Rumors (@nflrums)
#Eagles are planning to make a big splash on their roster before Week 1. #FlyEaglesFly #NFL

NFL Rumors (@nflrums)
ESPN has confirmed from two insiders they have heard the same I wonder if it might be Watson🤷‍♂️? #Eagles #Texans

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon May 17, 2021 7:20 am

In one of the craziest scheduling blunders I've ever seen, the team formerly known as the Washington Redskins plays 4 division games against Dallas and Philly over a span of 22 days, during the last 5 weeks of the season. OUCH!!

Who might be their last game in the 5 game stretch? Well that would be the Giants of course!! Double OUCH!!

A 5 game division finish over 29 days. Are you kidding me?
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon May 24, 2021 2:17 pm

Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero)
#Texans star QB Deshaun Watson won’t attend OTAs and still wants to be traded, per sources.

Watson has denied wrongdoing related to recent lawsuits, which have slowed the process of sorting out his future. But his position hasn’t changed: Watson wants out of Houston.