NFL News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: NFL News & Notes

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:20 am

From the Twitter;
Through 8 weeks, Cordell Volson has the 2nd most snaps (542) of any rookie offensive lineman. Among fellow rookies, he ranks:

10th - Pass Block Efficiency (96.9%)
13th - PFF Pass Blocking (57.5)

Feels like the rookie guard is looking like a future fixture for the #Bengals.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:25 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:20 am
From the Twitter;
Through 8 weeks, Cordell Volson has the 2nd most snaps (542) of any rookie offensive lineman. Among fellow rookies, he ranks:

10th - Pass Block Efficiency (96.9%)
13th - PFF Pass Blocking (57.5)

Feels like the rookie guard is looking like a future fixture for the #Bengals.
based on what i saw last night.... 4/5 of the linemen are doing fine.... Williams is trash. looking more and more like a first round bust.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:33 pm

Apparently there has been a death in the Bengals family. Pray for Zim's family.

https://twitter.com/CincyProblems/statu ... 0063326208

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:55 pm

Baltimore, Miami and other contenders are making moves. We're short handed and sitting idle. :lol:

Baltimore got the best LB in the league and Miami just got a top 5 DE.

Are we sellers at this point? Cause we certainly the fuck ain't buying.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:19 pm

Legendary punter Ray Guy dead at 72.... :cry:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ray-guy- ... unter-dead

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:05 pm

:shock: .....

This is the same sort of injury that took out Palmer in 08'

Chris Mortensen @mortreport
Bills QB Josh Allen is being evaluated for an elbow injury to his ulnar collateral ligament and related nerves, per source.
Bills coach Sean McDermott said earlier team hopes to have more info Tuesday.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:18 am

Ravens next 7 games against teams with losing records. I'll say it again, barring any serious injuries to Lamar we are not going to win the AFCN. No chance. I'll bet the moon on it. So the challenge remains that we have a very, very difficult road ahead. Maybe Josh Allen just went down, remains to be seen. But regardless, we lost to a horrible stoolers team and a browns team we should have crushed. It could happen again. We can only afford to lose 2 games. 3 if we get extremely lucky with the rest of the AFC.

If we can pull it together and find a way to the playoffs this season it will be an even bigger accomplishment than last season. We already have more sacks and pressures on Burrow thru 9 games. Didnt think that could or would happen. But here we are.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:39 am

From Ben Baby on twatter.
Two games separating the AFC Wild Card contenders at the end of Week 11:

5. NYJ -- 6-3
6. BUF -- 6-3
7. NE -- 5-4
8. LAC-- 5-4
9. CIN -- 5-4
10. IND -- 4-5-1

The Bengals have a win against one of those teams (NYJ) and will play BUF and NE during the second half of the season.
I know it's all doom and gloom from some folks on here, but the AFC is wide open. We have the tie breaker against NYJ, and as he said we have two big games against these guys. LAC's lose last night really hurt them and I don't think INDY has a chance. I look for NYJ to fall off a bit, and NE to do the same paving our way for a wildcard birth if we don't win the division. There's still light at the end of the tunnel don't let negativity convince you otherwise.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:52 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:39 am

5. NYJ -- 6-3
6. BUF -- 6-3
7. NE -- 5-4
8. LAC-- 5-4
9. CIN -- 5-4
10. IND -- 4-5-1

The Bengals have a win against one of those teams (NYJ) and will play BUF and NE during the second half of the season.
I know it's all doom and gloom from some folks on here, but the AFC is wide open. We have the tie breaker against NYJ, and as he said we have two big games against these guys. LAC's lose last night really hurt them and I don't think INDY has a chance. I look for NYJ to fall off a bit, and NE to do the same paving our way for a wildcard birth if we don't win the division. There's still light at the end of the tunnel don't let negativity convince you otherwise.
With out health, or lack thereof, I'm hoping for a wildcard too. I'd be happy with a wildcard. But with the birds getting their 2 RBs back this week and next, adding one of thr best LB and being pretty healthy I look for them to win our division. Especially wlif Edward's come back soon. Our secondary injuries are brutal for this team. Well, and Chase.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:56 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:52 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:39 am

5. NYJ -- 6-3
6. BUF -- 6-3
7. NE -- 5-4
8. LAC-- 5-4
9. CIN -- 5-4
10. IND -- 4-5-1

With out health, or lack thereof, I'm hoping for a wildcard too. I'd be happy with a wildcard. But with the birds getting their 2 RBs back this week and next, adding one of thr best LB and being pretty healthy I look for them to win our division. Especially wlif Edward's come back soon. Our secondary injuries are brutal for this team. Well, and Chase.
I feel ya for sure there, however I'm not sold on that team and think they have a good chance to win the division but not a serious contender for making a SB. Meanwhile I think getting key guys back at the right time in the season will be a huge boost for us for a playoff push and a serious SB contender under the radar kind of thing like last year. The end of our schedule will prepare us for what we will see in the Playoffs as well, which I think is good for us, steel sharpens steel kind of thing.