Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Re: NFL News & Notes

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:55 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:18 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:53 pm
Haskins was hit on I595 by a dump truck while he was trying to cross the interstate on foot. You just cant make this shit up.
It all seems too odd to not think there was drugs involved and/or a suicide attempt.
It was at 6:37 AM!! So he may have been headed home after a bender, might have been disoriented, or just plain stupid and careless. Who knows. Either way, you have to TRY to get hit by a dump truck.
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:45 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:55 pm
4256 Hits wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:18 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:53 pm
Haskins was hit on I595 by a dump truck while he was trying to cross the interstate on foot. You just cant make this shit up.
It all seems too odd to not think there was drugs involved and/or a suicide attempt.
It was at 6:37 AM!! So he may have been headed home after a bender, might have been disoriented, or just plain stupid and careless. Who knows. Either way, you have to TRY to get hit by a dump truck.
The Florida authorities issued a preliminary statement this morning stating they had no idea what he was doing on the road at that time of the morning. That would appear to preclude his car breaking down and him needing to run across the highway to protect himself from traffic etc... They further stated that the truck driver stayed on the scene and was fully cooperative with officials.

They explained that I595 in that area is a four-lane highway with two lanes in both the east and west bound directions. Since he was in Florida for personal, voluntary workouts with other Steeler offensive players its possible he was out for a jog and for some unknown reason attempted to cross the highway at that point.

He may have simply misjudged the speed of the oncoming traffic or if he had headphones on and wasn't looking may not have seen the vehicle that struck him or been unable to hear it coming. Its also possible that some article of clothing such as a hat may have blown onto the highway and he felt it was safe to retrieve in time before the oncoming traffic reached him and again he simply misjudged his own speed and that of the truck that struck him.

A full report will be 30-90 days out.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:02 pm

30-90 days to tell me he was either suicidal, impaired or a dumbass. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he wasnt suicidal. But I bet a combination of the last two are a pretty good bet.

Never ceases to amaze me how guys making that much bank cant seem to master the idea of Uber or taxi cabs. They either drive and kill someone or find their way onto an interstate at 6am in the headlights of a freaking dump truck. I make a lot of money and I can guaran-damn-tee you I'm not dying by dumptruck at 6am. You heard it here first!!

Edit - well shit, that didnt take long. I guess suicide may still be in play. Who knows. ....wait for the toxicology report I suppose.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/man-believ ... 00179.html
Seeking Superbowls

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:35 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:45 pm
its possible he was out for a jog and for some unknown reason attempted to cross the highway at that point.
No chance he would do that it would have been pitch black darkness on a Saturday morning. It take a real dedicated fitness nut to do that kind of thing plus how many fences would he had to climb over in the process?

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:12 am

Ian Rapaport @Rapsheet
The #Raiders and star QB Derek Carr have agreed to terms on a 3-year contract extension worth $121.5M, source said. The agreement ties Carr to Las Vegas through the 2025 season. He is already the longest tenured QB in the AFC. 💰 💰 💰

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:44 pm

Dwayne Haskins’ wife called 911 the morning of his death, said he was out of gas.

https://news.yahoo.com/dwayne-haskins-w ... 11899.html

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed May 04, 2022 9:22 am

Per source, the full slate and venues for the 2022 International Series games.

- Vikings @ Saints, Spurs
- Giants @ Packers, Spurs
- Broncos @ Jags, Wembley
- Seahawks @ Bucs, Munich

No overseas games for the Bengals. Good. I've never cared for the international games. They're shown at 5 or 6am here in the west. Way too early.

I wouldn't get up at 5am to watch my own wife play in the lingerie bowl. :x

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed May 04, 2022 1:05 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 9:22 am

No overseas games for the Bengals. Good. I've never cared for the international games. They're shown at 5 or 6am here in the west. Way too early.

Wish there were more AFC contenders going over (not us) to wear some of our competition out. The players really squawk about those trips when they get back and have a short week.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed May 04, 2022 1:20 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 1:05 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 9:22 am

Wish there were more AFC contenders going over (not us) to wear some of our competition out. The players really squawk about those trips when they get back and have a short week.
Traveling to Europe or Asian or any country that far away really takes it out of you. I've been fortunate enough to travel to many countries and those trips really mess you up for a few days, so I don't blame them one bit.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri May 06, 2022 8:58 pm

Is it just me that feels like the whole league is falling apart? And here we are, outside of developments with Carmen, flying under the radar again. I feel like we should get off to a really fast start no matter who we play simply because 90% of our roster and staff is set. But man there are a bunch of teams is disarray right now.
Seeking Superbowls