NFL News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: NFL News & Notes

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:23 pm

Sources: Jon Kitna has landed a new head coaching opportunity.
JOHN BRICE

Jon Kitna, the former longtime NFL quarterback who last decade transitioned into coaching, is poised to return to the area where he had some of his most notable professional success.

Sources tell FootballScoop that Kitna is poised to become the next head coach at Cincinnati-area staple program Lakota East HS (OH).

Kitna had a five-year run as the quarterback for the Cincinnati Bengals shortly after he left the Seattle Seahawks franchise that had drafted him out of Central Washington.

Kitna has been a high school had coach at multiple programs, most recently including Burleson HS (TX).

Additionally, Kitna coached quarterbacks under Jason Garrett for the Dallas Cowboys in 2019. Kitna spent four seasons as a quarterback who filled multiple roles for the Cowboys as a player.

Hey Meat, perhaps he has a hole you could fill. ;)

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:11 pm

Hall of Fame head coach Bud Grant, who led the Vikings to four Super Bowl, has died. He was 95.😔

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ies-at-95/

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:02 pm

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Sources: The #Rams are in talks to trade All-Pro CB Jalen Ramsey to the #Dolphins. A blockbuster.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:27 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:02 pm
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Sources: The #Rams are in talks to trade All-Pro CB Jalen Ramsey to the #Dolphins. A blockbuster.
Might be a blockbuster to some. But Chase used him every which way but loose in the super bowl. Everytime I looked up Ramsey was laying on the ground.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:19 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:02 pm
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Yeah but can he play QB for the dolphins?

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:44 pm

Aaron Rogers to the Jets.

The compensation, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN, is the two teams swapping their first-round picks on Thursday night (the 13th pick to the Packers for the 15th pick to the Jets), the Packers getting a conditional 2024 pick that will be a first-rounder if Rodgers plays 65 percent of snaps and will otherwise be a second rounder, the Packers getting the 42nd and 207th pick in the 2023 draft, and the Jets getting the 170th pick in the 2023 draft.

Exile

Post by Exile » Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:21 pm

Lamar Jackson, 5 years $260M, they're saying highest-paid NFL player ever.

I don't know, that's a lot of money for the 2nd best QB in his division. Good luck paying anybody else.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu May 11, 2023 5:15 pm

Kyle McDonald @mcdtakes
The #Jets have released veteran OL Cedric Ooggie Boogie. They recently resigned him this off-season, but added two OT’s in Billy Turner & Carter Warren.
Ooggie Boogie appeared in 7 games for NY last year and started in 5 of those games.

----
For the umpteenth time....HOW DOES THIS MAN KEEP GETTING SIGNED BY ANYBODY!?! :x

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed May 24, 2023 1:23 am

Not really thrilled with this. Thoughts....?

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero
NFL owners approved the resolution putting the ball on the 25-yard line following a fair catch on a kickoff, I’m told.
Special teams coordinators unanimously opposed the change, but it’s happening.

Exile

Post by Exile » Mon May 29, 2023 1:38 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 1:23 am
Not really thrilled with this. Thoughts....?

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero
NFL owners approved the resolution putting the ball on the 25-yard line following a fair catch on a kickoff, I’m told.
Special teams coordinators unanimously opposed the change, but it’s happening.
I'm good with it. Similar rule in college football, right? Guys are welcome to run the ball back if they want to, but it allows the team to take it at the 25. Kickoffs are one of the plays with the biggest chances of serious injuries, so I think it's fine to give teams the option. Is there something I'm missing here? Not sure why special teams coaches were unanimously against it.