Bengals 2020 Schedule Released

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Re: Bengals 2020 Schedule Released

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:38 pm

Knowing what we know after two weeks, I'll offer the following:

We'll be 4-4 at the Bye with wins over Philly, Jax, Colts and Browns. I say the boys right the ship this week and really start feeling good against the Jags. Then some disappointing losses to the Ravens and Titans mixed with a huge win over Indy and a feel good redemption game at home against the Browns.....with fans!

The second half of the season just gets hard....damn hard. 2 games against Pitt and another Ravens game. Balance of the NFC East, Dolphins and a tough one against JJ watt. This stretch wont be pretty and I say we go 2-6 to finish 6-10. If there is any hope at all we could possibly sneak wins against the Giants and Fins to go 8-8.

This squad could easily be 2-0 and probably should be 2-0. Burrow knows it and I think we see the intensity jump up a notch this week for his first win.
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:40 pm

You're nuts but I appreciate your optimism. :roll:

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:13 am

i see 7-9 as bestest possible case, 5-11 wouldn't surprise me

Exile

Post by Exile » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:24 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:38 pm
Knowing what we know after two weeks, I'll offer the following:

We'll be 4-4 at the Bye with wins over Philly, Jax, Colts and Browns. I say the boys right the ship this week and really start feeling good against the Jags. Then some disappointing losses to the Ravens and Titans mixed with a huge win over Indy and a feel good redemption game at home against the Browns.....with fans!

The second half of the season just gets hard....damn hard. 2 games against Pitt and another Ravens game. Balance of the NFC East, Dolphins and a tough one against JJ watt. This stretch wont be pretty and I say we go 2-6 to finish 6-10. If there is any hope at all we could possibly sneak wins against the Giants and Fins to go 8-8.

This squad could easily be 2-0 and probably should be 2-0. Burrow knows it and I think we see the intensity jump up a notch this week for his first win.
I'll have what you're smoking.

I, too, love the optimism though. I think Philly is one we really should win. I think Jacksonville is tougher than anyone expected going into the season, but not crazy to think we could win it. The Colts game is winnable but could be tough too. I think the Browns rematch could be the toughest one of the bunch. My worry there is that we still won't be able to stop their offense but their defense will have more tape on us and if our o-line is still struggling (and, really, why wouldn't it be?) we're going to have even less room to operate than we did on Thursday. Anyway, I think all four of those are games we can win, but we're more likely to go 2-2 in those than 4-0.

But it'll be fun if we do.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:04 am

Pretty deep interview with Zac on the Dotcom today. Key takeaways:

-Joe continues to progress and is somewhat responsible for the "appearance" the Oline is playing poorly. Says he is reading defenses and pressures on his own and moving in the pocket or running to avoid those pressures. I kinda call bullshit, my eyes know better.

-Fred Johnson gets another crack at RG this week and the line will stay intact to try and get more consistent. Says they threw Fred in the lineup at the last minute and he just needs the reps. Expects improvement this week.

-Downplays criticism of the Oline play. Not as bad as it seems. Yeah, right.

-Recognizes the running game doesnt look good but says this is also a function of reps and consistency on the Oline. Says they havent changed much in the play calling since the end of last season.

-Doesnt sound like Geno and Daniels will be ready this week. Talks about as they get healthy they will work back into the rotation.

-Tackling needs to improve and everyone needs the reps. Sounds to me like they were eating cake and ice cream in training camp instead of learning to tackle.

I do expect to see some improvement this week and that alone should get us over the hump for win #1.

https://www.bengals.com/news/taylor-mad ... for-eagles
Seeking Superbowls

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:48 pm

interesting... thru 2-wks Football Outsiders has our OL at 27, one spot behind Tampa Bay and one spot ahead of the Squeelers.
( https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats ... -line/2020 )

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:55 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:04 am
Pretty deep interview with Zac on the Dotcom today. Key takeaways:

-Joe continues to progress and is somewhat responsible for the "appearance" the Oline is playing poorly. Says he is reading defenses and pressures on his own and moving in the pocket or running to avoid those pressures. I kinda call bullshit, my eyes know better.

-Fred Johnson gets another crack at RG this week and the line will stay intact to try and get more consistent. Says they threw Fred in the lineup at the last minute and he just needs the reps. Expects improvement this week.

-Recognizes the running game doesnt look good but says this is also a function of reps and consistency on the Oline. Says they havent changed much in the play calling since the end of last season.

-Doesnt sound like Geno and Daniels will be ready this week. Talks about as they get healthy they will work back into the rotation.

-Tackling needs to improve and everyone needs the reps. Sounds to me like they were eating cake and ice cream in training camp instead of learning to tackle.

I do expect to see some improvement this week and that alone should get us over the hump for win #1.

We'll see as we progress thru the season and we'll all find out of he's full of S, or not.

I noticed with Fred from the film I saw he was just out of position which will improve with practice so we'll see.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:12 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:04 am

So the Oline play is not bad but it is the reason the team can't run the ball for shit. Yea OK Zac. :roll: