Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Joe Bananas

Re: 2020 Draft Day Thread

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:28 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:27 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:38 pm
Seems like Miami is going to throw even the kitchen sink at us. Mannnn it'd be tempting.
You have to sit and ask yourself why though, is Burrow just that good or are these other guys clearly not as good. I for one think that there is a very big drop of after Burrow and that's why Miami wants to move up so badly. Their fan base is screaming take Tua, but I think they see something wrong there and are a little gun shy on that pick.
I honestly think if completely healthy Tua gonna be good too though.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:42 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:28 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Joe Bananas wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:38 pm
Seems like Miami is going to throw even the kitchen sink at us. Mannnn it'd be tempting.
You have to sit and ask yourself why though, is Burrow just that good or are these other guys clearly not as good. I for one think that there is a very big drop of after Burrow and that's why Miami wants to move up so badly. Their fan base is screaming take Tua, but I think they see something wrong there and are a little gun shy on that pick.
I disagree, I do not think Tua is going to be that good. Who's the last lefty in the NFL that was that good? Who was the last QB with his kind of wonderlick score good? You seriously have to ask yourself some tough questions about the kid.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:48 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:42 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
MeatHeadbengal wrote:

I disagree, I do not think Tua is going to be that good. Who's the last lefty in the NFL that was that good? Who was the last QB with his kind of wonderlick score good? You seriously have to ask yourself some tough questions about the kid.
Yes agree with that but he has it. His accuracy is cake. Strong armed, athletic, the kid can make allll the throws. He's a football player not someone who just does this just because he can...remember 2 years ago it WAS Tua and not Burrow. Statistically Burrows only had 1 great year. Now if Tua doesn't get hurt it would have been a sesson to remember in college. Put Burrow back in college this coming year and he gets hurt with 4 games left he's not the number 1 pick in next years draft.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:09 pm

For shits and giggles, does anyone know quickly what it would take to extend Dalton, not pick Burrow and basically land 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks? Is there enough room on the payroll to do it? I would assume all of those picks would be considered upgrades over some 2nd stringers that we would cut. I just dont know enough about the financial side of the salary cap.

This has to be tempting as hell for the Bengals. I think everyone agrees with all the right pieces and protection that Dalton could have this offense humming on Day 1. If we are in win-now mode, this makes me nervous that Mikey may get an itchy trigger finger.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:23 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:48 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Joe Bananas wrote:

Yes agree with that but he has it. His accuracy is cake. Strong armed, athletic, the kid can make allll the throws. He's a football player not someone who just does this just because he can...remember 2 years ago it WAS Tua and not Burrow. Statistically Burrows only had 1 great year. Now if Tua doesn't get hurt it would have been a sesson to remember in college. Put Burrow back in college this coming year and he gets hurt with 4 games left he's not the number 1 pick in next years draft.
This is just my personal opinion and what I've seen. He's not as accurate as you think from what I've seen, and I just don't think he'll be good. I know Burrow has only had one good year but if it wasn't for an injury he would have been the guy in OSU and not LSU. Even if Burrow didn't have this year I wouldn't be talking Tua with the #1 pick. He's injured, and it's not like its a small injury it's a HIP! His testing score show he's able to sign his name and that's about it. I saw some of his pro-day workout and there's not the accuracy you were talking about and that's without pads. I just do not like him as an NFL QB and we'll find out over the next few years if I'm wrong.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:27 pm

Tua = Ron Mexico.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:34 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:23 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:48 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:

This is just my personal opinion and what I've seen. He's not as accurate as you think from what I've seen, and I just don't think he'll be good. I know Burrow has only had one good year but if it wasn't for an injury he would have been the guy in OSU and not LSU. Even if Burrow didn't have this year I wouldn't be talking Tua with the #1 pick. He's injured, and it's not like its a small injury it's a HIP! His testing score show he's able to sign his name and that's about it. I saw some of his pro-day workout and there's not the accuracy you were talking about and that's without pads. I just do not like him as an NFL QB and we'll find out over the next few years if I'm wrong.
I'll give you that about his injury and possible OSU career. Sorta wish he would stayed at OSU to see what he could do but obviously his decision played well for him.

Deadcat

Post by Deadcat » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:48 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:27 pm
Tua = Ron Mexico.
Lamar Jackson is the next Mike Vick. Dude has a cannon and runs like a gazelle.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:49 pm

Deadcat wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:48 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:27 pm
Tua = Ron Mexico.
Lamar Jackson is the next Mike Vick. Dude has a cannon and runs like a gazelle.

Welcome back DC

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:54 pm

Rebecca Toback (@Rebecca_Toback) Tweeted:
On ESPN, Ed Orgeron says "If Joe Burrow is drafted to the Bengals as I hope he is, he's going to turn them into a championship football team."

:D