Bengals fans - sweet victory!

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
4256 Hits

Bengals fans - sweet victory!

Post by 4256 Hits » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:13 pm

Great to see them get a win (should be 3 in row if Andy was playing). If you give Andy time he is a good QB and a team can win with him. When he is under constant pressure not so good.

orange_black

Re: Bengals fans - sweet victory!

Post by orange_black » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:29 pm

Bitter sweet.... wins are great but oh so meaningless when were trying to rebuild

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:38 pm

to be honest i enjoyed this game tip to tail... the D was no joke, o-line gave Andy all kinds of time, Andy was on point most of the day... even the play-calling seemed to be better... well played, well deserved

Exile

Post by Exile » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:46 pm

TBH, I'd rather keep Andy and build around him than start over with a rookie. If we're picking #1, I think Chase Young is about as "can't miss" as it gets, and I'd rather build up our o-line and ride Andy while he's still a decent player (which he is, not elite but decent), and then have a solid line built up to bring in a rookie in a few years, to give whoever that is space to develop.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:50 pm

I'm not as excited for this win. We need to rebuild and honestly we all know Andy Dalton isn't the long term answer. He's had his chances here and we need to draft a young guy to replace him eventually, Finley isn't the guy. We need to revamp and get younger, we need to get young talent across the board. We need to get rid of the aging players that keep holding us back, the Dre's and such. It's time we focus on the future.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:07 pm

Super happy for this Team. Great redemption game from good Andy. The fact that skins and fins won too makes this easy to swallow. We’ll win at least 1 more and still convinced we’ll screw up the #1 pick

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:18 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:07 pm
Super happy for this Team. Great redemption game from good Andy. The fact that skins and fins won too makes this easy to swallow. We’ll win at least 1 more and still convinced we’ll screw up the #1 pick
The Giants lost though

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:19 pm

I want to win 2 more....CLE and CLE. Dont care after that cuz it is full on rebuild time.

Of course Mikey thinks that if we had Jonah, AJG and Ross for the full season things would be so much different. But that doesnt solve the other 3 gaping holes on the Oline, the asteroid size holes at LB, the aging depth problem in the secondary and the depth problem we now have at WR.

We completely struck out again during FA and appear to be headed towards a 2 year draft rebuild. Which means about the time we get healthy and deep, Andy will be the problem. And his contract will be the problem next year anyway. It is possible Mikey made Zac sit him a couple of games to devalue him. But this will all have to be dealt with and there are plenty of teams that would give Andy a try.

I'm happy Zac had his day and the boys looked decent. But it aint like they were playing the Ravens or Patriots either. Its going to be a helluva offseason folks.
Seeking Superbowls

Mag

Post by Mag » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:46 am

I still want to see a new coach, but I'm happy I got to see them play good football.

Anyone see the locker room speech after the game? Andy have Zac a game ball. Very awkward in my opinion.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:29 pm

Let's be honest, did any of us really want to join the Browns with an 0-16 record?

No, screw them. I'll take 1-15 over 0-16 any day.

I'm okay with losing the rest because I still want the number one draft pick.