Offseason workouts / Minicamp discussion

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Offseason workouts / Minicamp discussion

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:14 pm

Of interest, because the Bengals have a new coaching staff they are able to begin their offseason workouts a week early. So look to hear a bit more news from the team when they assemble next week. It is voluntary, but I would expect to see almost everyone there.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

stripesincarolina

Re: Offseason workouts / Minicamp discussion

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:59 pm

The Bengals return to Paul Brown Stadium on Tuesday, April 9 for the start of Phase One of the voluntary offseason workout program.

With new head coach Zac Taylor in the fold, the Bengals receive an extra week of offseason workouts, with an additional voluntary minicamp for veterans prior to the draft.

Per the Collective Bargaining Agreement, each club’s voluntary nine-week offseason program is conducted in three phases.

Phase 1: The first two weeks, with activities limited to strength, conditioning and physical rehab only.

Phase 2: The next three weeks, with on-field workouts that may include individual player instruction and drills as well as team practices conducted on a "separates" basis. No live contact or team offense vs. team defense drills are permitted.

Phase 3: The final four weeks, during which teams may conduct 10 days of Organized Team Activities (OTAs). No live contact is permitted, but 7-on-7, 9-on-7 and 11-on-11 drills are allowed.

Rookies, including draft picks and college free agents, take place in a minicamp May 10-11 and may join the team for the offseason program the following week.

The Bengals’ mandatory minicamp takes place mid-June.

Here is the Bengals tentative schedule for the coming three months:

April 9: Phase One Begins
April 15: Local college players’ workout
April 19: Zac Taylor pre-draft news conference, 11:30 a.m.
April 23-25: Voluntary minicamp
April 25-27: 2018 NFL Draft
April 29: Phase Two Begins
May 10-11: Rookie minicamp
May 20-21, 23: Phase Three, Organized Team Activities (OTA practices)
May 28-30: OTAs
June 3-6: OTAs
June 11-13: Mandatory minicamp
July 24 (tentative): Players report to training camp (first practice on July 25)

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:34 pm

whats the date where we all start shoving ice picks into our ears?

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:35 pm

orange_black wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:34 pm
whats the date where we all start shoving ice picks into our ears?
After the first loss to CLE....which very likely could be week 1 this year.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:11 pm

Lots of quotes and articles out on the dotcom today as the players showed up for spring camp. General feelings are quite positive and "energetic" is the buzzword. The interesting quote I found was from WJ3 and he said there wasnt much energy with the team last year. I really think that this move with Taylor will be a long term gain for the team even though there may be hiccups. Marvin clearly overstayed his welcome and had lost the team. I hope the players dont feel it necessary to get baited into potshots about ML by the media. But if they start hot and look good in the first few weeks, I would expect a ton of questions about Taylor vs Lewis.

For now, they seem to really be rallying around Zac. Time will tell.