For those that want a 1st Round QB

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
4256 Hits

Re: For those that want a 1st Round QB

Post by 4256 Hits » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:56 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:41 pm
Bengals announce that they are going BACK TO DALTON this week against the Jets.

What's the point? You arent going to keep Dalton and draft a #1 QB. So get Finley as much playing time as you possibly can! Now this ineptitude in management is going to get Dalton critically injured where he has no trade value. This has the stench of Mikey all over it.
Why because I don't want to see them lose to the Browns twice. I hate there fans almost as much as Pitt fans. So many of them were taking making it to AFC championship game or even super bowl this off season. I would love to see the Bengals knock them out of the play-offs.

I personally would rather have Andy as starting QB and Chase Young on next years team than having just Burrow and the worst D in the NFL for 3rd year in a row.

Give me wins over a higher draft pick. I have seen enough Bengals loses in my lifetime I don't go hoping for more.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:08 pm

Dehner made the argument this morning that it needed to happen. Finley is obviously not cut out for the job and if you keep playing him you are telling the fans and the other players that you don’t care if you win. Whether that’s true or not it is never a good look.

Besides, we have a two game “lead” on the number one pick now. We can afford to go out and win one.

We needed to see what we have in Finley. We saw it. It isn’t good. I’d be more worried if Finley accidentally lucked into a win or two with the Dolphins and Jets still on the schedule. They might decide to give him another year to see if he can play better.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:29 pm

Whatever. I would argue the indecision is an even worse look. For players looking for confidence in their head coach, Zac is looking increasingly impotent.

Ya'll come back to me after Dalton tosses another 3 picks. The problem isnt Andy just like the problem isnt Finley. Did you really expect a rookie QB to succeed behind this line and with absolutely no weapons? Not to mention another key fumble by Boyd??
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:47 pm

We have to completely rebuild, personally if we have a the number one overall it's not the smartest to take a QB. However with that said I still like Burrows he's an Ohio kid, he grew up a Bengals fan, I just feel it's a fit. Granted it really doesn't matter who we take this team is going to suck for a few more years.