Apparently rumors are floating about....

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
orange_black

Apparently rumors are floating about....

Post by orange_black » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:56 am

about Cincinnati possibly being a landing spot for.... kaepernick....

i would hate this franchise if they sign him....

MeatHeadbengal

Re: Apparently rumors are floating about....

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:04 am

If this is true I'm permanently a new Bears fan!

No joke, they do this I'm never ever watching another Bengals game in my life time!!!

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:47 am

Ditto. I'm almost there anyway. But that would seal the deal forever. Seriously, I would burn my shit and just watch the Panthers.
Seeking Superbowls

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:40 am

do it. why not? separate your politics and your football and if he's better than what we have why not sign him?

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:32 am

Of all the things this franchise has put any of you through, I can't believe this would be the thing to make you jump ship. Pac Man is okay. Burfict is fine. Mixon probably just tripped and fell into that girl. Kaepernick kneeled? Why isn't that guy on death row already?

For what it's worth, Cincinnati is not one of the teams that is reportedly sending a representative to the workout so I don't think you are going to have to worry about it.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:36 am

Jmble wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:32 am
Of all the things this franchise has put any of you through, I can't believe this would be the thing to make you jump ship. Pac Man is okay. Burfict is fine. Mixon probably just tripped and fell into that girl. Kaepernick kneeled? Why isn't that guy on death row already?

For what it's worth, Cincinnati is not one of the teams that is reportedly sending a representative to the workout so I don't think you are going to have to worry about it.
I've been thinking about this post this I read it first thing this morning, and it's really stuck with me. I personally have a huge problem conflating Mixon and Burfict to the same level as Kaepernick, as for Pac Man I never stood up for the guy, didn't like the guy so I'm leaving him out. Burfict was just a player that played with passion, emotion, and dirty. He's no different then your average Steeler, the only difference is they change the rules for steelers vs giving out suspensions (AKA Ryan Shazier, Hines Ward). Mixon did something stupid when he was a kid, if I'm not mistaken it was his Freshman year at school, and he's been very good ever since. Not only that but he's been doing a lot in the Cinci community since he's been here, he's obviously changed and doing his very best to be a better person.

Kaepernick on the other hand, used his platform to spread hate, not awareness. If you remember first before he knelt he wore socks that depicted cops as pigs. Then when he knelt he disrespected this great nation, and during the press conference afterwards he pushed more lies. Statistics show what he was pointing out was false, and in doing so he made a huge impact on the NFL and their fan base. I want to remind everyone that it is a PRIVILEGE to play in the NFL not a right! As far as I'm concerned the damage this guy did to the NFL is good enough reason alone for him to never play again.

I love this game, it's given me so much in my life. As you all know from the beginning of this board I played in high school, went to college and played 2 years and flunked out. I took 5 years off then went back and finished my playing career then coached while earning my Masters. I wouldn't have gotten any of that done if it wasn't for football. There was a HUGE difference in between the 5 years and honestly it made me sad how soft football had gotten in just those 5 years. I love this game and I love this country anyone and I mean anyone that disrespects both by their actions is not anyone I would ever want on my team.

With that being said I'm 100% serious if the Brown family did this, I love all you guys and I think of all of you like a support group for this shithole franchise.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:00 am

We've argued about this so many times over the last few years and I really don't know what else to say at this point. But if you think what Kaepernick did is spreading hate? Wow, never in a million years would I look at it that way. I guess we all have our views.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:15 am

Jmble wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:00 am
We've argued about this so many times over the last few years and I really don't know what else to say at this point. But if you think what Kaepernick did is spreading hate? Wow, never in a million years would I look at it that way. I guess we all have our views.
I wouldn't think in a million years anyone that's seen the facts would think it wasn't spreading hate. Disrespecting this country and law enforcement isn't ever the right way to go!

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:00 pm

Jmble wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:00 am
He was clearly hating on cops.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:05 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:40 am
do it. why not? separate your politics and your football and if he's better than what we have why not sign him?
No chance he is better than Dalton. Never was and never will be. They need find guys that improve what they currently have which shouldn't be hard since they are win less.