AJ Green Trade Talks

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: AJ Green Trade Talks

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:29 pm

I'm sorry but I wouldn't trade him, I believe he's a staple here and it would be nice in the day of FA's a player retire where he was drafted after a hall of fame career and not play any other team.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:40 pm

Meat, thats a feel good story. But not practical in today's NFL where teams are constantly managing against the drain of aging players. I would NOT trade AJ without some serious compensation. But if a team ponied up a #1 and #3 or 4, or a #1 and a player of preference, I'm all in. AJ started with Andy right out of the draft and was racking up big numbers. Today's WR's are coached well, to NFL standards. Yes, we could draft another Ross, but I think most of us recognized that mistake anyway. Just go get a big body that runs solid routes.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:54 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:40 pm
Meat, thats a feel good story. But not practical in today's NFL where teams are constantly managing against the drain of aging players. I would NOT trade AJ without some serious compensation. But if a team ponied up a #1 and #3 or 4, or a #1 and a player of preference, I'm all in. AJ started with Andy right out of the draft and was racking up big numbers. Today's WR's are coached well, to NFL standards. Yes, we could draft another Ross, but I think most of us recognized that mistake anyway. Just go get a big body that runs solid routes.
I'm sorry sometimes bucking the trend on certain situations is better then following the crowd. I'm on the keep Green until he retires train. I understand that it's probably not going to happen but I'm just expressing my ideas.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:34 pm

Aceking wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:51 pm
orange_black wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:17 pm
skycruiser wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:29 pm
why trade one of the best WR in the NFL to take a WR?
because we would essentially be getting another great player, that is much younger, doofus!!

just like we did with Ross.
I can't tell if that's sarcasm. Ross is far from a great player. I wanted to cut him in camp last year.

Truthfully, the only reason to trade Green is if you're admitting that we don't expect Taylor's Bengals to make the playoffs until year 3. That's how it went with Marvin, but he took over a decimated roster with practically no talent. The Bengals have problems, but I don't think it's unrealistic that they contend for a playoff spot next year.
yes i was being sarcastic... trying to make the point that just because we get a high draft pick doenst mean we can easily replace him, as some people on this board are making it sound like....

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:43 pm

orange_black wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:34 pm
Aceking wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:51 pm
orange_black wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:17 pm

because we would essentially be getting another great player, that is much younger, doofus!!

just like we did with Ross.
I can't tell if that's sarcasm. Ross is far from a great player. I wanted to cut him in camp last year.

Truthfully, the only reason to trade Green is if you're admitting that we don't expect Taylor's Bengals to make the playoffs until year 3. That's how it went with Marvin, but he took over a decimated roster with practically no talent. The Bengals have problems, but I don't think it's unrealistic that they contend for a playoff spot next year.
yes i was being sarcastic... trying to make the point that just because we get a high draft pick doenst mean we can easily replace him, as some people on this board are making it sound like....
Not intending to sound like that, just look at Ross for an example. But I think that its worth the risk for the right price.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:07 pm

My point is the Bengals are going to need to replace AJ soon because IMO he is going to have a hard time staying healthy. So if can get a good return for him now consider trading him.

Andysbigfateyebrows

Post by Andysbigfateyebrows » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:43 am

Realistically, what are the Bengals with AJ? 8-8. And what are the Bengals without AJ? 4-12. So does it matter?

I will hate to see Green leave. But I have to say at this point in the rebuilding process, it’s in the best interest of Green and the Bengals to look at a trade. I sit AJ down. I be honest with him. Tell him he can have some say in where we move him (New England for example). But if someone offers a 1st plus, we have to strongly consider parting ways with an all-time great Bengal and future HOFer.

It makes no sense to let Green rot on this team. He deserves to win like Dillon did. And this team is several players away from competing.

That’s how I do it.