Bungles V Rams in London disco and game thread

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Bungles V Rams in London disco and game thread

Post by stripesincarolina » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:28 pm

There is nothing that matters here. The only thing these guys can get up for is giving Zac his first win against his old team. Not even going to entertain it. 0-8

31-13 Rams.

On to the bye week.
Seeking Superbowls

orange_black

Re: Bungles V Rams in London disco and game thread

Post by orange_black » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:11 pm

i watched the game and the first half gave glimmers of hope....

but that all came crashing down in the second half.

0-8... and i am seriously starting to wonder if the dolphins is our only chance at a win this year....

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:04 pm

this team is so bad

thank you for reading. that is all.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:21 pm

Just for fun, did anybody see this Tweet from Joe Goodberry of The Athletic today?

Oh wow. Billy Price with the 1.6 grade in pass blocking from PFF. That's out of 100.

Leaving the position completely empty is a grade of Zero. So he was about 1 percent better than a gaping hole in the line.

Also: There's been 155 offensive linemen that have played 50% of the snaps this year. Billy Price is graded as the 155th best by PFF.

Expanding that to the top 193 OL men ignoring the 50% rule... If I expand it to the top 193 offensive linemen, Michael Jordan is 191 and Price is 190.

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:26 am

yea i saw that about Price and was rather shocked... i mean how can he be THAT bad! :shock:

Exile

Post by Exile » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:59 am

When you see a whole line look that bad, I've got to think there's some shitty coaching going on. I'm not saying Billy Price is a great center, but I suspect we'd see more from him (and the other guys) with different coaches.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:48 pm

Exile wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:59 am
When you see a whole line look that bad, I've got to think there's some shitty coaching going on. I'm not saying Billy Price is a great center, but I suspect we'd see more from him (and the other guys) with different coaches.
Personally I really don't think it's Price, he was very very good in college, and honestly he played against the best competition in college and was pretty good. I'm going to jump on the wagon that it's the coach and he's not reaching these guys like he should be.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:32 pm

It's definitely the coaching and I've been saying since week 1 that they needed to keep Price at center and use Hopkins at LG. This is a no-brainer in my book. Maybe Hopkins is a better center, but when you look at the tools you have available, you use those tools in the manner that gets you the best possible outcome. Price is a good enough center. Hopkins would be a better than avg guard.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:21 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:32 pm
It's definitely the coaching and I've been saying since week 1 that they needed to keep Price at center and use Hopkins at LG. This is a no-brainer in my book. Maybe Hopkins is a better center, but when you look at the tools you have available, you use those tools in the manner that gets you the best possible outcome. Price is a good enough center. Hopkins would be a better than avg guard.
I watched Price last year as a rookie in his short time playing and he was a lot better then he's grading out now.