Infinity Gauntlet

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Mag

Re: Infinity Gauntlet

Post by Mag » Fri May 10, 2019 4:25 pm

Ok. Now pick the 5 past Bengals (retired or active) that you could bring back to the team now in their prime to make the current roster better.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Fri May 10, 2019 8:24 pm

Anthony Munoz, Tim Krumrie, pre-injury Carson Palmer, David Fulcher, Max Montoya

There’s plenty of players who would be great but I focused on making the team we have better so I tried to stic with positions we are lacking at.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri May 10, 2019 10:12 pm

Munoz, Whitworth, Montoya and Palmer. #1 offense in the NFL right there without batting an eyelash.

Krumrie...love the guy, but he simply would not be as effective in todays NFL. Too small for a NT or interior Dlineman. Love Fulcher of course.

But I will go back to the offense and add either Collinsworth or Whosyourmama. We have been lacking that dominating slot receiver for so long. We've also had some great TEs pass through here. I question whether Dan Ross could be as effective in todays league similar to Krumrie. The game has changed.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Exile

Post by Exile » Sun May 12, 2019 1:17 pm

Munoz, Whitworth, Montoya and Palmer. #1 offense in the NFL right there without batting an eyelash.
No doubt. And although I wouldn't include him in a top five because there are other holes to fill in this fantasy, imagine putting Corey Dillon in his prime in that offense?

Given what linebacker has looked like for us, I wouldn't mind having Takeo Spikes and Brian Simmons in their prime again.

Mag

Post by Mag » Sun May 12, 2019 4:41 pm

I'm going Whit and Big Willie. As great as Munoz was, a 280 lb LT is probably not going to be as effective these days. This moves Glenn and Williams to G with Price at C.

Takeo at LB. He is the team's all time best LB.

Boomer at QB. He was the last QB to win a playoff game and was one drive away from winning a SB.

Chad Johnson (pre Ochocinco). He and AJ are 1a and 1b. Boomer never had the caliber receiver of one of those guys. He'd pick defenses apart.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Mon May 13, 2019 2:56 pm

Peter Warrick, David Klingler, Akili Smith, Kijana Carter, Cedric Ogbuehi...

oh wait I read that wrong....

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon May 13, 2019 6:25 pm

orange_black wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 2:56 pm
Peter Warrick, David Klingler, Akili Smith, Kijana Carter, Cedric Ogbuehi...

oh wait I read that wrong....
That's the draft picks you wish never happened.