Bengals re-sign Dennard

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
TheBurn

Bengals re-sign Dennard

Post by TheBurn » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:07 pm

Bengals re-signed CB Darqueze Dennard.

Dennard tested the market, even taking a visit with the Chiefs, but he will return to the team which selected him in the first round of the 2014 draft. He will step right back in as the Bengals' slot corner.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Mar 21, 2019, 2:20 PM

Aceking
Site Admin

Re: Bengals re-sign Dennard

Post by Aceking » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:57 pm

This is good news! He tried to reach for outside corner money, the market wasn't there... so he came back. The system works.

Exile

Post by Exile » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:50 pm

Whew. I'm glad to hear this. From what Paul Dehner was saying, that other corner we signed actually graded out really well last year when he played slot, and if he'd had to take over Dennard's role in the slot, I guess he would have been all right. But I think Dennard is a better option there, and also has more upside if he does need to play on the outside.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:06 pm

Having depth at CB isn't a bad thing, I know last year it was starting to be a serious problem towards the end of the season.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:37 pm

I'm a bit shocked, yet pleased. We're going to need that depth and a CB in the draft as well. These guys dont have a history of staying healthy. I honestly hope we play the Browns early so we can really see best on best before the injuries pile up.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Andysbigfateyebrows

Post by Andysbigfateyebrows » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:36 pm

Our DC is a CB whisperer. Loading up with talent at CB should help our scheme. I’m expecting all of these guys to improve.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:43 pm

Well that does it, you definitely arent B1 in disguise because you just said something positive.

So welcome to the board! :lol:
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Mag

Post by Mag » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:13 pm

I am actually getting a little more optimistic about this roster. Bringing DD back and signing Webb, upgrades the secondary. Wynn upgrades the DL (better than MJ according to PFF). Miller upgrades the interior OL.

We stayed the same at LB, OT, QB, RB, and TE. We are not really better or worse at those positions. If we have a little luck in the health dept, TE should be way better. LT will be better, and LB will be better.

Still need major upgrades at LB and OT. Need depth at OT and TE.

All and all, if we stay healthy, if the team takes to the new coaches and systems, this is a playoff caliber team right now. Of course the health thing is unlikely.

I still hate the Bobby Hart move. I will continue to hate it until I see otherwise.

Aceking
Site Admin

Post by Aceking » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:17 pm

Dennard officially signed his deal... only 1 year, 5 Mil. Wants a shot at big corner money again next year.