Bengals cut Burfict

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Aceking
Site Admin

Bengals cut Burfict

Post by Aceking » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:43 pm

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 055050002/

Can’t say I’m sad. It was hard to defend the way he played.

Exile

Re: Bengals cut Burfict

Post by Exile » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:01 pm

Early in his career, I really liked Burfict. Smart, tough, a bit of a chip on his shoulder. He seemed like the Bengals answer to Ray Lewis. But maybe you can't be that kind of player in the modern NFL, or maybe you can't get away with it if you're not a Raven or a Steeler, but either way, he was never able to find the right side of the line to be the dominant linebacker that it seemed like he might become. The penalties got to be too detrimental, and his actual level of play has declined precipitously. I'm disappointed that he wasn't able to live up to the potential we saw for him, glad for the few good years he gave us, and finally glad to see him go.

Scooper

Post by Scooper » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:27 pm

Hi. I was not going to re-register until this happened. So you can say I like the move. I was done with him and Pac Man after the Steelers playoff loss a few years ago.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:16 pm

Im torn.

im glad that we are moving on and hopefully finding "cleaner" players to sign...

on the other hand... i am going miss the ONE guy we've had that actually scared some of the steelers.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:19 pm

Damn Scoop, tied your entire OSF existence to Tez and Pac?? That's harsh, even for the most tried and tested Bungles fan.

Glad to see you back.

As for me, damn its a good Monday. Super happy that the new coaching staff won't have to deal with his shit. It also means we are picking a LB at 11. Kinda played our hand there as far as the draft, but oh well.

Somebody in the league will give him a go. If I'm a betting man I say he'll go to an NFC team. I bet Jerry Jones can fall in love with him like Marvin and Mike did.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:21 pm

orange_black wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:16 pm
Im torn.

im glad that we are moving on and hopefully finding "cleaner" players to sign...

on the other hand... i am going miss the ONE guy we've had that actually scared some of the steelers.
You know who scared the Stoolers? Chris Henry. They had no answer for him while trying to guard Ochocinco. I really would have loved to have seen what could have been with him.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:53 pm

Should be interesting to see how he gets along with Antonio Brown when Guenther brings him over to the Raiders.

Scooper

Post by Scooper » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:56 pm

Jmble wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:53 pm
Should be interesting to see how he gets along with Antonio Brown when Guenther brings him over to the Raiders.
That should be the next Hard Knocks! :lol: :lol:

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:30 pm

Burfict: the cause of, and solution to all of the bengals problems over the last 5 years

Mag

Post by Mag » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:48 pm

I was perfectly fine with his play on the field. I also don't blame him for the Steelers loss (that was Hill's fault). Burfict, nearly single handedly, gave us a chance to win that game.

I truly believe that if he was a Steeler or Raven, he would've been treated differently. He would've been praised for being a tough, throwback player.

That being said, he hasn't been the same player as he was. Perhaps he stopped caring due to being under the microscope. Perhaps the Steelers payoff loss broke him a little like it did many of us. Perhaps he is just a gigantic douche.

The fact is he's no longer worth keeping around. The cap savings could bring us a one more solid signing. Maybe it helps re-sign Boyd, Green, etc.