Week 2 discussion

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
4256 Hits

Re: Week 2 discussion

Post by 4256 Hits » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:22 pm

Isn't week 2 under a new coach awful early for players to quite on a game/coach? Good news if you want to watch them play there will be many cheap good seats available for the rest of the games.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:51 pm

I don’t know that it’s so much Xs and Os as it is the fact that this team isn’t any good. It’s the same players on D that was the worst in the league last year, and the OL who was awful has even worse players this year

Oh, and we still have Andy’s big dumb stupid eyebrows to deal with

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:40 pm

Well, I did not invest 5 minutes in todays game thankfully. I had so much going on I figured I would just catch the score. Ugh. We've had Jeckyl and now we've seen Hyde. So I dont know what to think.

I'll give them week 3 to inspire me with a comeback. Otherwise, we're on to 2020.
Seeking Superbowls

Mag

Post by Mag » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:39 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:51 pm
I don’t know that it’s so much Xs and Os as it is the fact that this team isn’t any good. It’s the same players on D that was the worst in the league last year, and the OL who was awful has even worse players this year

The D was worse in the league last year due to a historically bad DC. Marvin got them playing much better, even after all his LB, and half his DL were scrubs.

This new staff has a chance to fix the OL, but they didn't. They had a chance to fix LB, but they didn't.

Taylor looked an awful lot like Shula out there. He had the same lost look on his face that Shula had. Give me marvin back any day.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:31 am

Mag wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:39 pm
skycruiser wrote:

Give me marvin back any day.
you are clearly sampling your own brew. biggie clearly laid out, never get high on your own supply

Ryno

Post by Ryno » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:06 am

All that optimism from week 1, right out the window. Damn that was ugly.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:43 pm

Ryno wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:06 am
All that optimism from week 1, right out the window. Damn that was ugly.
Why did you have any optimism from week one? Did you not realize that these teams had very little to no real game tape of what this team would be? Sure there's some from the preseason but they aren't showing their hand. We really aren't good and we'll struggle to win 4 to 5 games this year.

Mag

Post by Mag » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:17 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:31 am
Mag wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:39 pm
skycruiser wrote:

Give me marvin back any day.
you are clearly sampling your own brew. biggie clearly laid out, never get high on your own supply
What's the point of owning a brewery if you couldn't?

In any case, Marvin at least gave me confidence that we could compete for mediocrity. Half the time, we had a shot at the playoffs. Now we've gone back to the 90s.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:34 pm

Mag wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:17 pm

What's the point of owning a brewery if you couldn't?

In any case, Marvin at least gave me confidence that we could compete for mediocrity. Half the time, we had a shot at the playoffs. Now we've gone back to the 90s.
I'll say this, I'm going to give them next week to see how they respond to last weeks crap show. If they lay another egg we might as well consider this season over and start thinking of who to draft and who should be our next head coach in 2 years.