Draft Thread

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Jmble

Re: Draft Thread

Post by Jmble » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:27 pm

Haskins isn't Akili. He's smarter than Akili and he's way more accurate than Akili. His biggest drawback is that he's not mobile in the pocket which could be a bad thing with this offensive line. I think with a good offensive system and a passable offensive line Haskins will at worst be a serviceable starter for somebody.

As far as the Lap thing, I'd take his opinion with a grain of salt this year. With a whole new group of people in here we don't know if Lap is getting the same kind of information that he has gotten the last several years.

On the other hand, I've kind of wondered if Mike Brown doesn't just listen to Lap talk and choose his first pick that way. For all we know, Lap is unknowingly Mike Brown's top scout.

Mr. Oblivious

Post by Mr. Oblivious » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:34 pm

Not really keen on taking QB at number 11. And specifically any quarterback named Haskins or Murray. I think you really have to look hard at Devin White here. If he's not there then you need to trade back and get and additional second or third rounder along with dropping later in the first. There are so many holes this team needs to fill right now that a truck load of flex seal won't help.
On a side note if Arizona takes Murray as speculated would we consider a package to acquire Rosen ? Say something like a contingency pick next season and John Ross.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:44 pm

Mr. Oblivious wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:34 pm
Not really keen on taking QB at number 11. And specifically any quarterback named Haskins or Murray. I think you really have to look hard at Devin White here. If he's not there then you need to trade back and get and additional second or third rounder along with dropping later in the first. There are so many holes this team needs to fill right now that a truck load of flex seal won't help.
On a side note if Arizona takes Murray as speculated would we consider a package to acquire Rosen ? Say something like a contingency pick next season and John Ross.
First of all, Holy Crap! A New User! Welcome!

Second, I would trade for almost anything just to get John Ross off of this team but I really don't know if I want to lock into Josh Rosen as our QB of the future. I'm not saying I wouldn't do it. But I am saying it would scare me. Having said that if you're going to bring Rosen in I feel like you have to look more at the OL in the first round. It makes no sense bringing in a fresh QB and feeding him to the wolves with this offensive line. Maybe take one of the Linebackers at 11 if they are there and then use some of those other 10 picks you have to move up and grab a serviceable offensive lineman?

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:04 pm

I'm just not crazy about the 2 devins. They seem small for my liking. Both are what, 5'11...6'0 220ish. I'll pass.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:26 pm

I don't want Haskins, I really don't think he's going to be very good in the NFL. Get's happy feet when he's under pressure.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:57 pm

No Qbs, period. Not gonna happen until at least 6th round and thats if they find an interesting project. They want playmakers and want them from day 1. BPA OT in Rd 1, BPA Edge Rusher in Rd 2, OL or DL or TE in Rd 3, and then depth, depth, depth for defense the rest of the way.

Lets go!!!!!!
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:03 pm

I wont waste a new thread on this, but this is going to change the draft for the Chiefs almost instantly. This is a death sentence for Tyreek Hill and the Chiefs have lost the two biggest pieces of their offense outside of QB in a very short period of time.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... l-espinal/
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:25 pm

pffftz... everybody knew Murray was the pick, why did they take so long lol

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:25 pm

Well no Tyler Murray's for us.....

orange_black