2019 Camp Thread

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Re: 2019 Camp Thread

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:44 am

Well we made it folks. It begins tomorrow. Looks like B1 has officially jumped ship (he may be mentally healthy now but he's still a coward :lol: ). Marvin and the crew are history, OogieBoogie and Fisher are gone, Pacman and Burfict too. And yet I don't feel even slightly better about our chances. Gonna be an interesting two weeks until the Giants game.

Let's do this.... :|
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:21 am

HAHA I went fishing for a week and didn't think about the Bengals the whole time...

This entire season might be that way as well.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:41 pm

John Ross is quickly going to become a lost cause for 2019. He has a nagging hammy issue. They have announced he will be out 2 weeks, which takes us into preseason games. Rest assured with AJ out they will not have Ross playing in more than 1 preseason game. Which means he won't be in sync with the offense and Dalton in Week 1. I'm not even convinced he will make it to Week 1 at this point. That hammy hasn't gotten better for over 6 months!!

You can count on Boyd, Erickson, Tate, Core, Eiffert & Sample as of today. A HEEAAVY dose of Mixon and Gio in Weeks 1 & 2 until we know what we have protecting Andy. I can see 2 TE sets for more than 50% of the plays in Week 1 with Sample blocking everywhere.

Mikey....call the Skins. Make a trade offer they can't refuse for Trent Williams. Get it done!
Seeking Superbowls

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:41 am

And we lose our first day of practice in pads due to weather because dipshit SoP wont splurge for a covered practice facility. :evil:
Seeking Superbowls

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:05 am

we are going to suck so bad this year

worst OL in the NFL
nothing to shore up the worst D in the NFL
AJ green out for a few weeks

looks like my sundays are free!

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:22 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:41 am
And we lose our first day of practice in pads due to weather because dipshit SoP wont splurge for a covered practice facility. :evil:
I was telling one of the guys i work with that we dont have a facility.... and he literally did not believe me LOLOL.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:16 am

skycruiser wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:05 am
we are going to suck so bad this year

worst OL in the NFL
nothing to shore up the worst D in the NFL
AJ green out for a few weeks

looks like my sundays are free!
I strongly believe we'll maybe win 4 to 5 games this year if that. It's going to suck bad!

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:57 pm

Just watched NFL Films on the Bengals on FS1. It in included highlights from 2018 and interviews with Zac Taylor about players coming back. It has certainly upped my optimism about the upcoming season. Talked about how injuries just killed them after the great start to the season. If get a chance watch it.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:48 pm

Some good news out of camp to try to start up some board activity.
Carl Lawson is the unmistakable star of Bengals camp so far

So much for a slow injury comeback for Cincinnati Bengals pass rusher Carl Lawson.

One doesn’t have to look far to find praise for Lawson, who only suited up in seven games a season ago and at one point was expected to potentially miss a chunk of training camp.

But Lawson has been out there and dominant, looking physically like he’s even better than before. Teammates have noticed. Here’s Sam Hubbard, via Bengals.com:

“That was something else. (Lawson) looks amazing. He was supposed to be back in October, but he’s a freak of nature. He came back strong and faster than last year.”
The Bengals knew they had something special on their hands with Lawson when they deployed him situationally as a rookie in 2017 and he totaled 8.5 sacks on limited snaps. The injury, plus being lost in a defense that misused talent and got a coordinator fired last year, has helped him fall back under the radar.

While Hubbard and Carlos Dunlap are currently listed as starters on the edges, the Bengals clearly aren’t going to have a good excuse to avoid letting Lawson get out there often.

Exile

Post by Exile » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:01 am

4256 Hits wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:48 pm
Some good news out of camp to try to start up some board activity.
Carl Lawson is the unmistakable star of Bengals camp so far

So much for a slow injury comeback for Cincinnati Bengals pass rusher Carl Lawson.

One doesn’t have to look far to find praise for Lawson, who only suited up in seven games a season ago and at one point was expected to potentially miss a chunk of training camp.

But Lawson has been out there and dominant, looking physically like he’s even better than before. Teammates have noticed. Here’s Sam Hubbard, via Bengals.com:

“That was something else. (Lawson) looks amazing. He was supposed to be back in October, but he’s a freak of nature. He came back strong and faster than last year.”
The Bengals knew they had something special on their hands with Lawson when they deployed him situationally as a rookie in 2017 and he totaled 8.5 sacks on limited snaps. The injury, plus being lost in a defense that misused talent and got a coordinator fired last year, has helped him fall back under the radar.

While Hubbard and Carlos Dunlap are currently listed as starters on the edges, the Bengals clearly aren’t going to have a good excuse to avoid letting Lawson get out there often.
Well, that's nice to hear at least. It's great to have more than the bare minimum of starter-quality d-linemen to be able to rotate, keep em fresh, and provide pressure all game long.

Not that this will make up for all the things going wrong, but hey, it's something.