Bengals have interest in DT McCoy

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
TheBurn

Bengals have interest in DT McCoy

Post by TheBurn » Wed May 22, 2019 6:15 pm

ESPN's Dianna Russini reports the Bengals have interest in free agent DT Gerald McCoy.

The Colts and Browns have also been linked to McCoy. There was never going to be a shortage of interest in McCoy, but his landing spot will come down to money. Similar to Ndamukong Suh, McCoy should settle for a one-year deal.

Source: Dianna Russini on Twitter
May 22, 2019, 6:06 PM ET

stripesincarolina

Re: Bengals have interest in DT McCoy

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed May 22, 2019 7:30 pm

Pass. Love what have emerging already. The only position I would pay for at this point is an upgrade to LB. It seems they like Vigil but I just can't help thinking he's peaked. We need a top tier LB that can be an insurance policy for both Vigil and Preston Brown. Somebody that can seriously anchor the defense and contribute for a couple of years. I know that guy isn't out there right now, but that's the only spot where I would throw cash. Otherwise I like what we have to work with right now and save the cash for contract extensions.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Wed May 29, 2019 2:13 pm

maybe we could trade for Burfict?

lulz

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Wed May 29, 2019 5:20 pm

To update, it looks like McCoy is down to the Browns and Ravens and will probably be signing with one of them soon.

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Thu May 30, 2019 6:29 pm

Free agent Gerald McCoy's Panthers visit will take place on Friday.

McCoy left the Browns and Ravens without a contract and is now headed to Charlotte. The number of visits means McCoy isn't hearing the dollar amount he is seeking.

Source: Rick Stroud on Twitter
May 30, 2019, 6:05 PM ET

Mr. Oblivious

Post by Mr. Oblivious » Thu May 30, 2019 7:59 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 7:30 pm
Pass. Love what have emerging already. The only position I would pay for at this point is an upgrade to LB. It seems they like Vigil but I just can't help thinking he's peaked. We need a top tier LB that can be an insurance policy for both Vigil and Preston Brown. Somebody that can seriously anchor the defense and contribute for a couple of years. I know that guy isn't out there right now, but that's the only spot where I would throw cash. Otherwise I like what we have to work with right now and save the cash for contract extensions.
I like Vigil and wish him the best. But after seeing footage of him at the OTA's with his man bun he has got to go.

Aceking
Site Admin

Post by Aceking » Thu May 30, 2019 8:24 pm

So, would you still pass if doing so means he ended up on Cleveland or Baltimore?

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu May 30, 2019 10:22 pm

Oh c'mon. A prevention strategy gets you absolutely nowhere. Its all about fit....both personnel and cap-wise. You have contracts coming for Boyd, Green and Jackson. Money could get tight. You have a solid, if not potentially great Dfront lineup already with Hubbard, Lawson, Dunlap, Geno, etc. The question you have to ask is realistically how many more sacks can McCoy bring and what will each incremental sack cost you? He's simply too expensive in a competitive market. Who cares who gets him.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Exile

Post by Exile » Fri May 31, 2019 11:48 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:22 pm
Oh c'mon. A prevention strategy gets you absolutely nowhere. Its all about fit....both personnel and cap-wise. You have contracts coming for Boyd, Green and Jackson. Money could get tight. You have a solid, if not potentially great Dfront lineup already with Hubbard, Lawson, Dunlap, Geno, etc. The question you have to ask is realistically how many more sacks can McCoy bring and what will each incremental sack cost you? He's simply too expensive in a competitive market. Who cares who gets him.
+1, couldn't agree more!

Aceking
Site Admin

Post by Aceking » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:13 pm