Draft Thread

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
skycruiser

Draft Thread

Post by skycruiser » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:34 am

Not that you could tell by this board, or any of our interests in it this year, but the draft is this week!

i think

4256 Hits

Re: Draft Thread

Post by 4256 Hits » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:53 pm

Who I would like to see them draft - Ed Oliver (understand not a great chance will still be available)

Who they will draft - Devin Bush

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:26 am

It's sad for me this year...I bet i only know 15-20 prospects

i just hope they go LB or OL in that order

do you guys think the QB rumors we're hearing are smoke and mirrors, or is there truth to it?

Exile

Post by Exile » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:18 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:26 am
It's sad for me this year...I bet i only know 15-20 prospects

i just hope they go LB or OL in that order

do you guys think the QB rumors we're hearing are smoke and mirrors, or is there truth to it?
I think it's plausible, but I don't think they'll actually go that way. It's believable because Andy's not a top QB and with a new coach, it makes sense that he might want to get "his" guy in year one to build around. But I think they're probably fine with giving Andy a chance and either drafting a developmental guy later in the draft or taking a first round QB next year. Drafting any of the other positions that they might draft this year strengthens the team in a way that both gives Andy the best chance to be successful and would give another QB (drafted next year or signed or traded for) a better chance as well. Compared to drafting a first round QB this year, which gives us options at QB but also makes it harder for either to be successful.

But I think if Haskins (or Murray?) falls this far, they would love to trade down, take OL or LB a few spots lower and take an extra 3rd or 4th round pick. Whether we trade back or not, I'd think Devin Bush (LB) or Cody Ford (OL) would be likely targets. Maybe Jawaan Taylor (OL) or Jonah Williams (OL). I'd love for us to be able to trade back and grab any one of those. I think OL is most likely, just because there are more good options. Devin White almost certainly goes before we pick, and Devin Bush could be gone too, and I don't know that there's another LB worth our 1st round pick. So realistically, I'd be fine with any of those, even at 11.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:31 pm

I think if Murray, Haskins, or Lock are available at 11 there is a good chance that they take one of them. I don't necessarily think it's the right call, but I do think the idea is at least on their radar.

In all honesty I haven't heard any rumors that they are thinking of a QB. I've only heard speculation that they might surprise with a QB.

We know what Taylor says to the press but if Taylor doesn't have full confidence in Andy Dalton he wouldn't tell us that. He's a QB guy and may be looking for a QB that he can develop and mold into what he wants to fit his system.

I don't think they should take a QB. I don't think any of us think they should take a QB. But if they did take one of those three QBs I'd at least listen to what they have to say. It's the one pick that would build some more intrigue going into this season.

I think what I believe you all think. There's just too many needs on the defense and OL to use a first round pick on a QB this year. We'll know soon enough.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:11 pm

I say no way they go QB. And if projections of Bush and White being gone at 11 hold true, I say they trade back, bundle some 6th rounders and come away with 3 Round 2 picks. They load up on OL, Edge Rushers and whatever LBs they can find (there arent many so if we a truly hard up for a LB, we may have to trade up a couple spots). This has all the makings of a middle round splash for a new coach wanting new blood. I can see them going TE as well.

Specifically I would be thrilled if we could trade back and nab any of the following early in Round 2:

Brian Burns - Edge rusher FLA State (possible OLB?)
Cody Ford - OT Oklahoma
Irv Smith Jr - TE Alabama

The picks for the Bengals are 1 pick in Rounds 1-5, 5 picks in Round 6 and 1 pick in Round 7. We pick @ 11, 42 and 72 which is about 10 or 11 picks into each of the first 3 rounds.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:41 pm

I would like to have Juaawn Taylor, Franchise OT.

Its hard to tell this early what Zac Taylor will do
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:43 pm

Id like to have Taylor, OT from Florida.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Mag

Post by Mag » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:49 am

I was listening to Lap this morning and he is expecting either Jonah Williams OT Bama or Andre Dillard OT WSU. Lap has guessed Eifert, Dennard, Ogbuehi, Ross, and Price. His only miss was Jackson.

Mag

Post by Mag » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:00 am

I was listening to Lap this morning and he is expecting either Jonah Williams OT Bama or Andre Dillard OT WSU. Lap has guessed Eifert, Dennard, Ogbuehi, Ross, and Price. His only miss was Jackson.