Mark Duffner coming back.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Mag

Mark Duffner coming back.

Post by Mag » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:28 pm

Told you all we're going back to the 90s. :?

Aceking
Site Admin

Re: Mark Duffner coming back.

Post by Aceking » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:12 pm

IIRC, Brown offered him the head coaching job when Coslet resigned. He deferred to Dick LeBeau, since he felt Dick had earned it.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:56 pm

Just read on the dotcom that this is the largest coaching staff in team history at 22 coaches. I dont know what is normal for an NFL team, but I suppose you have to give the Browns props for at least trying to give Zac and crew every chance to succeed.

On the other hand, it also gives SoP a stable of coaches familiar with the program should he need to quickly dispose of Zac. So theres that. :lol:
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:06 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:56 pm
Just read on the dotcom that this is the largest coaching staff in team history at 22 coaches. I dont know what is normal for an NFL team, but I suppose you have to give the Browns props for at least trying to give Zac and crew every chance to succeed.

On the other hand, it also gives SoP a stable of coaches familiar with the program should he need to quickly dispose of Zac. So theres that. :lol:
I think this is starting to point to the fact that SoP is starting to step down and let katie run things....

now all we need is a legit GM.....

Andysbigfateyebrows

Post by Andysbigfateyebrows » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:16 pm

If you bozo's would read the article from Whitworth's wife, you'd realize that nothing has changed. The Brown family sets the market for players. If the players command more than they have the market set, well then bye bye. They aren't going to budge on their number, i.e. they've put saving money over winning. We've all known this. The rumors are there. That article from Mrs. Dub just proved it. Names are different. Organization is the same.

Exile

Post by Exile » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:54 am

Andysbigfateyebrows wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:16 pm
If you bozo's would read the article from Whitworth's wife, you'd realize that nothing has changed. The Brown family sets the market for players. If the players command more than they have the market set, well then bye bye. They aren't going to budge on their number, i.e. they've put saving money over winning. We've all known this. The rumors are there. That article from Mrs. Dub just proved it. Names are different. Organization is the same.
I don't know man. I think there's some middle ground here. I mean, in one sense, this is exactly what they should be doing. Pay too much for very many players, and there's not enough money to make other moves. The last several years, we've been consistently in the top 10 in terms of spending up to the cap. It's not like we've got a roster full of scrubs so Mikey can pocket the difference and laugh all the way to the bank.

Now, that said, we can and will all bitch about individual decisions, and maybe there are players or positions that they're undervaluing. We'd all love to have Whit here instead of the bozos we ended up with, and I for one would have paid more for Zeitler back when that was on the table. But I don't think the overall approach is either wrong or really a symptom of Mike Brown being cheap.

Not having an indoor practice facility in Ohio, that's cheap and stupid. :D