Fisher moving to tight end

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
TheBurn

Fisher moving to tight end

Post by TheBurn » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:32 am

Free agent OT Jake Fisher is moving to tight end.

He's down to 285-pounds as he tries to convert into a blocking tight end. Fisher was struggling to hold his own as a swing tackle, but the add versatility could help extend his career. There's enough name value for Fisher to get a chance somewhere this offseason. We don't expect him to land more than a veteran minimum deal.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 2, 2019, 11:44 AM
:|

MeatHeadbengal

Re: Fisher moving to tight end

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:33 pm

TheBurn wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:32 am
Free agent OT Jake Fisher is moving to tight end.

He's down to 285-pounds as he tries to convert into a blocking tight end. Fisher was struggling to hold his own as a swing tackle, but the add versatility could help extend his career. There's enough name value for Fisher to get a chance somewhere this offseason. We don't expect him to land more than a veteran minimum deal.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 2, 2019, 11:44 AM
:|
This is an interesting move. Might not be too bad at all honestly, we'll see.

Aceking
Site Admin

Post by Aceking » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:06 pm

It's a shrewd move. I agree that someone will give him a shot.

It really is amazing that Ogbuehi and Fischer both bombed that bad. They arguably cost Lewis and team their jobs... Fischer is now switching positions and Ogbuehi will be lucky to make a roster.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:03 pm

Aceking wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:06 pm

It really is amazing that Ogbuehi and Fischer both bombed that bad. They arguably cost Lewis and team their jobs... Fischer is now switching positions and Ogbuehi will be lucky to make a roster.
I agree. OL drafted early normally have a high success rate than other positions.

Mag

Post by Mag » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:49 am

Usually larger blocking TEs move to tackle. I wonder if this move has more to do with health. Trying to keep on extra weight could be problematic for his heart issue.

Andysbigfateyebrows

Post by Andysbigfateyebrows » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:07 pm

Aceking wrote:

Definitely cost PA his job.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:35 pm

Andysbigfateyebrows wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:07 pm
Aceking wrote:

but Alexander maybe had lost it..... im sure he had a big hand in drafting these two busts.... AND i dont think he lasted past mid-season in dallas last year....

Mag

Post by Mag » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:06 am

Andysbigfateyebrows wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:07 pm
Aceking wrote:

PA didn't last half a season in Dallas. I don't think he was the coach he was given credit for being. He got lucky with a few good high draft picks (Willie, Levi, Steiny, Whit, Zeitler). Never was able to develop a full time quality starter that wasn't drafted in the first 3 rounds. He failed to develop top picks in Smith, OG, and Fisher. Boling has never been more than average. He should've been fired after never seeing anything in Evan Mathis.