Post Season Rumors, Rumblings and Chatter...

Talk NFL or college football here. Go Bengals!

Post Season Rumors, Rumblings and Chatter...

Postby Bengals1 » January 1st, 2018, 1:04 am

Paul Dehner Jr.@pauldehnerjr
#Bengals will draft 12th overall in April.

ESPN Predicts Marvin Lewis will move to front office and Hue Jackson will coach Bengals in 2018....
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/12/28/16826140/espn-predicts-marvin-lewis-bengals-front-office-bring-hue-jackson-head-coach

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
Jack Del Rio said Mark Davis has informed him he will no longer coach the Raiders.

Suckonme Barkley has announced he'll enter the 2018 NFL Draft.
Bengals1

Re: Post Season Rumors, Rumblings and Chatter...

Postby Mag » January 1st, 2018, 8:21 am

I can live with all this, though the biggest piece is whether Hue will be available.

Marvin has always admired Ozzie Newsome. Its the job he's always wanted. I think he'd be good at it. In his time here, he's always found good players and has the ability to find good coaches. Marvin's biggest flaw as a coach was discipline of the team and time management on the field. Let Marvin run personnel and find a new coaching staff that fills the deficiencies and this could be a quick turnaround.
Mag

Postby Bengals1 » January 1st, 2018, 8:39 am

Lions fire HC Jim Caldwell.

Marvin Lewis describes future as “complicated”
Posted by Darin Gantt on January 1, 2018

Marvin Lewis will meet with Bengals owner Mike Brown this morning, and it’s assumed it will be to shake hands and part ways after 15 years.

But Lewis insisted after yesterday’s emotional win over the Bengals that nothing was decided, and that it wasn’t just as simple as Brown asking him to stay.

“It’s more complicated than that,” Lewis said, via Katherine Terrell of ESPN.com.

Lewis said he’d like to coach, and he’d like to coach the Bengals. But his contract has now expired, and the meeting with Brown is expected to cover not just the future of his job but his assistants’ as well. There’s a press conference scheduled for noon, however, so it’s going to be a quick meeting.

He was emotional after the win over the Ravens (where Lewis rose to prominence as a coordinator).

“I wouldn’t be in Cincinnati if it wasn’t for them,” he said. “I love to come here and they know what they’re going to get when I come here. Our guys are going to fight through the end.”

He didn’t give his players any clue about his future, however.

“Marv is always emotional,” said Brandon LaFell. “Y’all just don’t see it. He’s always emotional. It always looks like he’s going to cry. He’s definitely emotional, especially beating the team that he coached, beating this franchise that he coached at for so long. I’d get emotional also.”

Lewis is 124-112-3 in 15 years with the Bengals, but lacks a playoff win in seven appearances. If that doesn’t sound good to you, consider the 12 straight non-winning seasons that preceded his arrival, when the Bengals were a combined 55-137 (.286 winning percentage) under Dick LeBeau, Bruce Coslet, Dave Shula and the final year of the Sam Wyche era.
Bengals1

Postby 4256 Hits » January 1st, 2018, 9:18 am

Bengals1 wrote:Paul Dehner Jr.@pauldehnerjr
#Bengals will draft 12th overall in April.

ESPN Predicts Marvin Lewis will move to front office and Hue Jackson will coach Bengals in 2018....
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/12/28/16826140/espn-predicts-marvin-lewis-bengals-front-office-bring-hue-jackson-head-coach

Jack Del Rio said Mark Davis has informed him he will no longer coach the Raiders.

Suckonme Barkley has announced he'll enter the 2018 NFL Draft.

Please dear god no. If you watched any of the browns last couple years you would see that at best hue is a poor mans Marvin.

I want outside of organization and 100% change in asst. coaches. With a much improved ol this team can win the division next year.
4256 Hits

Postby Mag » January 1st, 2018, 10:05 am

Apparently Marvin's departure may take time.
Mag

Postby Mag » January 1st, 2018, 10:25 am

Here's my prediction:

Marvin: Moved up to GM or other head personnel role.

Simmons: promoted to HC.

PG: Leaves to be Gruden DC.

Del Rio: hired as DC.

OC: Unknown.
Mag

Postby Bengals1 » January 1st, 2018, 1:08 pm

Bears fire HC John Fox
Cardinals HC Bruce Arians retires at 65.
Lions reportedly lining up interviews with Vikings OC Pat Shurmur & Patriots DC Matt Patrica
Colts have requested permission to interview Patriots OC Josh McDaniels

Broncos’ HC Vance Joseph has been informed he will return to Denver as the team’s HC for 2018 season, per source.
Bengals1

Postby skycruiser » January 1st, 2018, 2:07 pm

Listening to the Marvin press conference made me want to stab my ears out. He's coming back.
skycruiser

Postby MeatHeadbengal » January 1st, 2018, 2:41 pm

Personally I think I'd like to see the OC from the Vikings come here and be our new HC, him or one of the Pat's Coordinators.
MeatHeadbengal

Postby MeatHeadbengal » January 1st, 2018, 2:57 pm

Vikings OC Pat Shurmur
Patriots DC Matt Patrica
Patriots OC Josh McDaniels

The 3 coaches at this point I'd like to see here... This is my full list and anything other than this would be a disappointment at this point.

Simmons, I'm kind of on the fence about I don't know a lot about him, going to do some reading and reserve my judgement at this point and time. I know I do not want Hue here as HC, OC sure HC no!!
MeatHeadbengal

Next

Return to Football