Post Season Rumors, Rumblings and Chatter...

Talk NFL or college football here. Go Bengals!

Re: Post Season Rumors, Rumblings and Chatter...

Postby MeatHeadbengal » February 10th, 2018, 11:37 am

4256 Hits wrote:
Bengals1 wrote:Report: The 49ers agreed to terms on a five-year contract with Jimmy Garoppolo worth $137.5 million. The deal is the largest in NFL history on an average-per-year basis.

They will regret this almost as much as the Raven have Flaco's contract.

I was talking to a friend the other day who's a 9er's fan and they are more then happy with the deal and his thinkings was "they didn't win a game before they got him, and they haven't lost a game since having him"

So not sure but I think they are happy.
MeatHeadbengal

Postby stripesincarolina » February 14th, 2018, 12:11 pm

More rumors about AJM flying today over on PFT. Article says if he ends up being an UFA then the Broncos might make a run at him. The botched trade by CLE looms large here. We had a small fortune in the bag for AJ and now we will be lucky to get table scraps for him if he goes the UFA route. Decision is imminent so we'll know soon.

On a separate note, PFT also reporting that Mike Glennon is likely to be cut by the Bears. I do think there will be plenty of back up QB's floating around this offseason. So even if Driskell doesn't heal up quickly, I think AJ is replaceable. Would have loved those CLE picks though.
NEW.COACH........NEXT YEAR
stripesincarolina

Postby Deadcat » February 14th, 2018, 2:37 pm

I don't know how the NFL can get away with not ruling on this matter earlier and robbing us of our RFA period. If AJ was set to be a FA this year, we should have been made aware so that we could have acted appropriated. That said, AJ was screwed too. The NFL should have simply made a ruling prior to last free agent season and screwed the pooch....or us.
Deadcat

Postby Bengals1 » February 14th, 2018, 2:41 pm

Deadcat wrote:I don't know how the NFL can get away with not ruling on this matter earlier and robbing us of our RFA period. If AJ was set to be a FA this year, we should have been made aware so that we could have acted appropriated. That said, AJ was screwed too. The NFL should have simply made a ruling prior to last free agent season and screwed the pooch....or us.

I'm guessing they were waiting till the end of the season to give the two sides time to come to an amicable agreement between themselves. Of course, with one side being the Bungles.....that was never going to happen.... :roll:
Bengals1

Postby Bengals1 » February 15th, 2018, 1:07 pm

Cincy Jungle@CincyJungle
The #Bengals have the third-easiest schedule in 2018.
Bengals1

Postby stripesincarolina » February 15th, 2018, 1:35 pm

Bengals1 wrote:Cincy Jungle@CincyJungle
The #Bengals have the third-easiest schedule in 2018.

Probably the most useless stat ever. Strength of schedule preseason rarely ever turns out accurately at the end of the season.....unless you have the Browns on your schedule. Granted, I believe there are harder roads out there in 2018. But whether we are in the bottom 3 or bottom 16 is irrelevent.
NEW.COACH........NEXT YEAR
stripesincarolina

Previous

Return to Football