Game Day Thread

Talk NFL or college football here. Go Bengals!

Re: Game Day Thread

Postby skycruiser » October 12th, 2017, 8:56 am

after feeling the 0-3 start i'm kinda okay with 8-8. i can't handle another 90's bengals spell
User avatar
skycruiser
 
Posts: 2314
Joined: January 10th, 2012, 5:46 pm
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Game Day Thread

Postby Mag » October 12th, 2017, 11:33 am

If 8-8 gets us to the playoffs, I'm good. Especially if our defense continues to play the way they are. From the moment Lewis was hired, we had expectations of a team with a great defense. We've had good years with Zimmer, but this year's group could be special. Geno is on pace to be an All Pro. Lawson could be DROY.
Image
User avatar
Mag
 
Posts: 3147
Joined: January 10th, 2012, 8:56 pm
Location: Bering Sea

Re: Game Day Thread

Postby Bengals1 » October 12th, 2017, 11:59 am

Myopic, all of you!

Who wants another 8-8 or even 9-7 season and another quick out in the Play-offs!? Another year or more with Marvin & Co and another year of mediocrity....at best.

I'll gladly suffer through a 4-12 or 6-10 season if it means we get meaningful change at the end of it. And you should too!

Jesus H Christ people!!! Get a clue!! What good does another average season get us but exactly where we already are....pretty much nowhere, that's where! What's one or two bad seasons in the grand scheme of things if it makes us better when it's over?

And who says it has to be the 90's all over again? Why can't it be just a bad season or two? My God guys, stop being so scared of losing Marvin and just assuming that means Dave Shula or the equivalent. Marvin f'n Lewis is not the only good coach out there!

God I just want to throttle you people sometimes..... :x
Image
User avatar
Bengals1
 
Posts: 5788
Joined: January 10th, 2012, 2:20 pm
Location: Hollywood, Ca.

Re: Game Day Thread

Postby 4256 Hits » October 12th, 2017, 12:22 pm

Bengals1 wrote:Myopic, all of you!

Who wants another 8-8 or even 9-7 season and another quick out in the Play-offs!? Another year or more with Marvin & Co and another year of mediocrity....at best.

I'll gladly suffer through a 4-12 or 6-10 season if it means we get meaningful change at the end of it. And you should too!

Jesus H Christ people!!! Get a clue!! What good does another average season get us but exactly where we already are....pretty much nowhere, that's where! What's one or two bad seasons in the grand scheme of things if it makes us better when it's over?

And who says it has to be the 90's all over again? Why can't it be just a bad season or two? My God guys, stop being so scared of losing Marvin and just assuming that means Dave Shula or the equivalent. Marvin f'n Lewis is not the only good coach out there!

God I just want to throttle you people sometimes..... :x


I want Marvin gone as much as anybody but I enjoy watching the Bengals win so I will always choose more win than less. I do believe that if the Bengals don't win a play-off game this year then Marvin is gone as it will not cost SoP a dime to bring in a new coach. I also think there is a chance Marvin will retire/move to front office if he wins a play-off game.
4256 Hits
 
Posts: 907
Joined: January 10th, 2012, 8:42 pm
Location: Findlay

Re: Game Day Thread

Postby stripesincarolina » October 12th, 2017, 12:38 pm

Marv is out no matter what. If they go 3-13, he's out. If they win the SB, he retires from coaching. Either way we will have a new coach next season. The bigger question you all should be answering is whether or not you want Hue back. He will certainly be available in about 4 or 5 more losses in CLE.

I understand what you are saying B, but we have to root for success....until they fail, and then get back after Marvin's scalp. You simply cannot root for a team with this much talent to fail.
NEW.COACH.NOW
stripesincarolina
 
Posts: 2235
Joined: January 10th, 2012, 9:04 pm

Re: Game Day Thread

Postby Bengals1 » October 12th, 2017, 12:43 pm

stripesincarolina wrote: I understand what you are saying B, but we have to root for success....until they fail, and then get back after Marvin's scalp. You simply cannot root for a team with this much talent to fail.


They already have failed Stripes. Were you asleep through the first three weeks of the season...? And if Marvin & Co can't get 10 or more wins out of this bunch they deserve to go.

And it's not a team full of talent either. That O-line is the worst in the league and is letting down the rest of the talent around them. And that's Marvin & Co's fault too. :x
Image
User avatar
Bengals1
 
Posts: 5788
Joined: January 10th, 2012, 2:20 pm
Location: Hollywood, Ca.

Re: Game Day Thread

Postby Exile » October 12th, 2017, 2:11 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
stripesincarolina wrote: I understand what you are saying B, but we have to root for success....until they fail, and then get back after Marvin's scalp. You simply cannot root for a team with this much talent to fail.


They already have failed Stripes. Were you asleep through the first three weeks of the season...? And if Marvin & Co can't get 10 or more wins out of this bunch they deserve to go.

And it's not a team full of talent either. That O-line is the worst in the league and is letting down the rest of the talent around them. And that's Marvin & Co's fault too. :x


So "full of talent" is an overstatement, but here's what you're missing: this defense is on the edge of being elite. And with an elite defense, you can go places. The Ravens, with a defensive coordinator named Marvin Lewis, won a Super Bowl an elite defense and less offensive talent than we've got.

Getting to the playoffs is a friggin' lottery ticket--anything can happen, history be damned. Look at the Stoolers team that won the Super Bowl that year Kimo happened. That was not a team of world-beaters, they just got lucky enough and hot enough at the right time.
Image
User avatar
Exile
 
Posts: 906
Joined: January 11th, 2012, 11:29 am

Re: Game Day Thread

Postby Bengals1 » October 12th, 2017, 2:28 pm

Exile wrote: Getting to the playoffs is a friggin' lottery ticket--anything can happen, history be damned. Look at the Stoolers team that won the Super Bowl that year Kimo happened. That was not a team of world-beaters, they just got lucky enough and hot enough at the right time.



When was the last time the Bengals ever got "lucky"......? :roll:
Image
User avatar
Bengals1
 
Posts: 5788
Joined: January 10th, 2012, 2:20 pm
Location: Hollywood, Ca.

Re: Game Day Thread

Postby Exile » October 12th, 2017, 2:38 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Exile wrote: Getting to the playoffs is a friggin' lottery ticket--anything can happen, history be damned. Look at the Stoolers team that won the Super Bowl that year Kimo happened. That was not a team of world-beaters, they just got lucky enough and hot enough at the right time.



When was the last time the Bengals ever got "lucky"......? :roll:


Just means we're due.
Image
User avatar
Exile
 
Posts: 906
Joined: January 11th, 2012, 11:29 am

Re: Game Day Thread

Postby Bengals1 » October 12th, 2017, 3:14 pm

Exile wrote:
Bengals1 wrote:
Exile wrote: Getting to the playoffs is a friggin' lottery ticket--anything can happen, history be damned. Look at the Stoolers team that won the Super Bowl that year Kimo happened. That was not a team of world-beaters, they just got lucky enough and hot enough at the right time.



When was the last time the Bengals ever got "lucky"......? :roll:


Just means we're due.



Image
Image
User avatar
Bengals1
 
Posts: 5788
Joined: January 10th, 2012, 2:20 pm
Location: Hollywood, Ca.

PreviousNext

Return to Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron